Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Department of Computer Science’s mission is to be a cornerstone of society’s development through computer science education of students, the creation and dissemination of knowledge, innovative partnerships with industry, government, and other educational institutions in the global community.
The Program Coordinator will provide support for the efficient administration of courses and laboratory sessions within the Department of Computer Science. The role will assist faculty members and instructors with the day-to-day administration of courses, and will ensure that the necessary support, information, documentation and resources are available for the successful implementation of courses and laboratory sessions. The role will coordinate outreach activities and events, and will manage the implementation of the Computer Science Bit by Bit Summer Camp, while acting as a first point of contact for faculty members related to course support, and assisting with the resolution of student inquiries and issues related to Computer Science courses.
- Undergraduate Degree (preferably in Computer Science or equivalent e.g. Computer Engineering or Software Engineering)
- 3 years of experience providing administrative support and coordination
- Experience coordinating academic outreach activities is preferred
- Technical experience providing information technology support, repairing bugs and/or resolving coding issues preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with social media platforms relevant to student populations
- Verbal/Written communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
- Organizational skills to manage multiple assignments that are accurate and thorough, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities
- Technological skills to provide information technology support, repairing bugs and/or resolving coding issues
- Interpersonal skills to liaise with current students, staff, faculty and other members of the Western community
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations and provide excellent customer service to directly and indirectly satisfy expectations
- Detail-oriented with an ability to function and process information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work in a manner that models best practices in confidentiality standards
- Ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to daily work
- Commitment to ongoing professional development with a desire to take on new challenges
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized and effective personal work environment
- Capacity to consider issues from the perspective of others
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate the University’s events and activities
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to plan and manage events of various sizes; familiarity with large scale events an asset
- Ability to investigate defined issues, solicit input, and suggest remedies and alternative approaches that meet the needs of the situation
- Proven ability and natural inclination to develop relationships by interacting with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.