Senior Software Developer
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for leading development of cutting edge technologies it also encompasses building knowledge of our business and expertise with the entire software development lifecycle. We use Agile methodology – SCRUM – with short release cycles and very close user involvement to continuously improve our software. Our culture encourages not only knowledge building and best practice sharing, but also gives the opportunity to provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with other team members to understand product requirements and translate them into software solutions
- Work within set deadlines and deliver high quality, well unit tested code using prescribed specifications
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies existing systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing
- Investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
- Analyzes performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with project Software Developer and project managers
- Implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications
- Required to unit test own code, providing low/minimal error rate
- Participate in code reviews and structured code walkthroughs
- Prepare system documentation, test plans and deployment plans, where/when applicable
- Involved in project requirements-gathering and creating specifications
- Required to interact with clients during on-site initiatives during project life cycle
- Required to produce work estimates for project requirements
- May provide technical support to project team members
- Handles complex application features and technical designs
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Work in an Agile software development environment, including emergent architecture, changing requirements, and changing priorities (SCRUM, Agile, etc.)
- Participate in team discussions and develop solutions using best practices in a code review atmosphere
- Provide solutions and/or recommendations as part of a project team, to implement new functionality or resolve technical issues related to developed systems
- Provides timely technical status reporting to project Software Developers
- May be required to mentor/train new development staff
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or equivalent post-secondary education
- A minimum 8 years internal and/or related development experience
- Experience with hosted environments in AWS, Azure, Google.
- Strong understanding of coding languages and tools including but not limited to Node.js, Vue, Angular, XML,JS
- Solid software engineering foundation with deep skills in Object Oriented Development, Microservices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication with the project clients (may be internal or external)
- A passion for detail and developing quality software
- Hardworking, self-motivated, and passionate about learning and working with the latest technologies
- Inspired by having to think outside the box and work with your fellow team members to find solutions to problems
- A team player who adapts quickly to ever-changing environments
Paystone is a leading Canadian provider of payment processing and customer engagement solutions. Our secure, user-friendly solutions are used at over 25,000 locations across Canada and the United States by thousands of companies, including the ALDO Group, The Source, Booster Juice, Global Pet Foods, Kernels Popcorn and 50 of the MTY Food Group's restaurant brands
Paystone is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create a safer, faster and smarter payment and customer engagement solutions for our customers. Named one of ‘Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies’ 3 consecutive years in a row and recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces in Technology’ 2 years in a row we are committed to excellence both internally and externally!
Why work for Paystone?
Certified as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces our office culture is like no other – with many virtual social events such as gaming events, fitness activities and comedy events. We offer flexible scheduling to promote a healthy work/life balance, a company perk plan through Perkopolis. We also employ an engaged and diverse workforce of all ages and ethnicities.
If you yearn to be part of a passionate, driven team whose primary vision is to forge meaningful, personal relationships with its clients all whilst working in an upbeat, fun and motivating environment then we want to meet you!
**Paystone is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to disability please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.