Intermediate Service Desk Technician
Info-Tech Research Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing IT research and advisory companies, proudly serving over 30,000 IT professionals. We are looking for a strong Intermediate Service Desk Technician to join our team.
Why join us?
We are a growth focused, entrepreneurially spirited company that has consistently achieved YoY growth in our 25 years of operation and are especially proud of our double-digit growth in the midst of a global pandemic.
When you join Info-Tech you get access to unlimited opportunities for professional growth and development in your field of expertise or areas you are interested in. We promote learning to help you be a better professional and we will also pay for some of those certifications.
The Intermediate Service Desk Technician’s role is to contributes to a stable and secure end user computer environment to ensure end users can accomplish company deliverables. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. In addition technician will complete project activities, maintaining compliance, be available on call and perform vendor management responsibilities.
- Provide support for incoming requests via Service Desk ticket, telephone, chat and self-service portal
- Prioritize incidents and service requests within target SLA’s
- Record detailed information into Service Desk ticketing system
- Provide support for laptops, printers and peripheral devices including providing hardware and software setup, support
- Completes Access requests, on / off boarding, access changes, application provisions, password reset, distribution list updates
- Maintain technical documentation via solution library with respects to installation of software, configuration of hardware and troubleshooting
- Maintain hardware asset management and software licensing
- Engage vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Provide SharePoint support, including site creation, access and content management
- Create and maintain application deployments and OS patching
- Application Support Ownership - Provides Tier 2 End User support for applications used within the business including primary escalation point between Organization and Vendor.
- Troubleshoot, research and resolve escalated technical problems and incidents
- Ability to work on projects and meet timelines a necessary
- Provide users “How to” training on basic to intermediate application functions
- Participate in after hours on call rotation schedule (evenings, weekends and holidays
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
Education and Experience
- College/University diploma/degree in progress in related field (Computer Systems not development/testing)
- 2-4 years of experience in a Service Desk role
- Interest in working with technology (independent work)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong documentation skills with desire to understand and follow process
- Ability to recognize and prioritize critical incidents in a fast-paced environment
- Application support experience with Microsoft Productivity Suite
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Windows 10 and Mac OS
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of with O365 administration, Active Directory, Azure AD
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of InTune
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Mosyle MDM
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SharePoint
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PowerShell Scripting
- General understanding of network devices; routers, switches, and access points
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.