Front End Web Developer.
We’re on the hunt for a Front End Web Developer.
RhinoActive is looking for another talented developer to join our team. We’re looking for bright individuals that have an incredible work ethic and an insatiable appetite for learning.
RhinoActive is a small, but rapidly growing team that is largely comprised of extremely talented developers. We work very closely with RedRhino to ensure that the products we build are designed well and contain effective marketing strategies to give our clients the best chance of success. Our office is brand new and contains all the amenities you would expect out of a modern development agency.
Placing an emphasis on ‘Active’, we regularly partake in activities such as sports leagues, corporate challenges (internal and external), running clubs, golf outings, ping pong, and more. We encourage our team members to be active both inside and outside the office.
As a Front End Web Developer, you will work alongside the Digital Director to execute both UI and UX solutions for RedRhino’s & RhinoActive’s clients. You will be required to write clean, reusable code for the front end development of our creative designs. In addition to development, you can expect to be called upon to provide unique insights on technologies, best practices, user experience, and current web development trends.
Technology & Skills Required
- Familiar with a CSS framework and grid system such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Familiarity with PHP
- Responsive and mobile first development
- WordPress CMS and templating themes
- Knowledge of web standards (W3C and WCAG)
- Testing knowledge of cross-browser and multi-device compatibility (and how to fix issues)
- Strong communication skills, both written, and verbal as you will need to be able to explain ideas and issues to “non-techy” people
- Ability to build custom WordPress themes
- Knowledge of version control systems (GIT)
- Basic security principles
- Consuming web services and APIs
It is preferred that candidates have at least 2 years experience developing websites at a professional level and a portfolio and/or GIT link is required.
This position is full-time, and open to Canadian residents only.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com or submit your application using the form provided below.