IT Help Desk Specialist (Entry Level)
Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
What We’re Looking For
We are currently looking for an entry level IT Help Desk Specialist who will help complement our passion for technology on a growing IT team.
The IT Help Desk Specialist will be accountable for maintaining the knowledge base of IT tickets, executing IT tasks for employee onboarding and offboarding, managing Northern’s asset management, and providing day to day hardware and software support. An aptitude for technology paired with both a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn will best support the incumbent in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support existing IT systems to meet business and technology objectives.
- Support all employees with technical support in a timely manner and ensure all requests are logged in the IT ticketing system.
- Set up all employee accounts, devices, and relevant access and ensure all device assignments are logged in the asset management system.
- Engage all relevant parties, including organization team members and 3rd party vendors, in order to resolve active incidents when necessary.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and deploy computer hardware, software, printers, and scanners.
- Manage records of IT assets, including equipment, software licenses, and supplies. Maintain the knowledge base for the IT ticketing system.
- Create and update documentation to reflect any new changes to existing software, service, or IT processes.
- Provide support for ongoing projects as needed within the IT department.
Knowledge, Education, & Experience Required
- A College diploma or relevant job-related experience. We welcome highly experienced, self-taught, and self-motivated learners who express a strong passion for IT.
- Knowledge of networking including: Unifi, Wireguard, Datto RMM, ARP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Knowledge of Linux including Ubuntu, Samba, User management, and Bash scripting.
- Experience with Windows 10 and Powershell
- Experience using the full suite of tools within Google Workspace, including Gmail, Calendar, Drive and Docs as well as User management.
- Eagerness to learn and the ability to adapt to new processes and procedures
- Experience in a customer facing role is considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to stakeholders in a non-technical manner
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment along with the aptitude to prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
- Personal interest in technology is required
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position