Bilingual Customer Advisor (French)
StarTech.com is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and customer-focused individuals to join our team of dynamic and motivated Customer Advisors. If you are a goal-oriented individual with the desire to learn and grow with an international organization and are Bilingual (French and English), we want to speak with you!
The Customer Advisory Team at StarTech.com provides consultative customer support and advice to StarTech.com resellers and individual end-users within North America, Europe and international markets.
Our Customer Advisors have broad exposure to the business and work cross-functionally with many functions including sales, finance, distribution, supply chain and product management. This collaboration enables Customer Advisors to gain broad exposure to the organization and play a key role in its success.
We are not a call centre: this is a service and support team comprised of solution-minded individuals who help our customers find, get and use the parts they need to enable connectivity solutions. If you are a customer-focused individual looking to grow in a fast paced environment, this could be the position for you!
In This Role You Will
- Work in a collaborative environment where monthly feedback sessions support you, keeping you on track for success and help you shape your future
- Have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of account management and support our customers’ path to purchase both direct and through our distribution partners
- Gain a fundamental knowledge of channel-based distribution, special pricing, and working with a bid desk
- Be a key differentiator of our business and play a crucial role in delivering on StarTech.com’s value proposition
- Gain a sense of pride in every interaction! Our Advisors work autonomously and are empowered to make decisions – we understand that our advisors know our customers better than anyone else and we enable them to own the experience
- Undergo ongoing product training with first to market products and leading-edge technologies (USB-C, Thunderbolt 3 and others)
- Have the opportunity to leverage your language skill-set while supporting customers in English and French
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic team of diverse perspectives and backgrounds
- Post-secondary education
- A strong desire to learn new things and an interest in technology
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and history of making solid contributions to a team
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented global company
- Proficiency in a Windows based environment
- A passion for assisting others
- Proven working proficiency in English and French
Nice to Haves
- Tech savviness is an asset
- An entrepreneurial mindset, willing to embrace challenges and change
- A growth mindset and interest in evolving in this role and with StarTech.com
- Experience with account management or inside sales
What We Offer
- Employee discount
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Frequent company fun events and corporate lunches
- A place to grow and develop your career
- Unlimited free coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Option to work remote or join our team at the StarTech.com HQ!
- A fun environment where hard work is recognized, rewarded and celebrated
- A comprehensive 8-week paid training program
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
How to Apply
Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.