Director of People & Culture
Headquartered in London, Ontario, Northern is an integrated digital solutions agency helping brands across North America to navigate digital transformation. Our solutions help brands grow by optimizing their digital customer journey. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design, and improving digital experiences.
What We’re Looking For
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Director of People & Culture. At Northern, our most valuable asset is our team of hard-working, dedicated employees. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of Northern’s people strategy and ensuring the company’s employee base grows in a meaningful way. You will report to the President and will support the ongoing growth and development of our team. The Director of People & Culture will also be community and culture-minded, with a focus on driving Northern’s culture forward through events, professional development, and community partnerships.
Knowledge and understanding of an agency environment and experience working at an organization with strong company culture are assets and will best support you in your role. You will work in a fast-paced environment alongside an incredible team!
Benefits to Becoming a Northerner
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing:
- Robust Benefits plan, including a Health Spending Account
- Wellness Program & LifeWorks EAP
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Vet Care Program
- RRSP Matching
- Profit-Sharing Performance Bonuses
- Endless Professional Growth Opportunities
- Delicious Meals & Company Social Events
- Free Onsite Parking
- Referral Bonus Program
- Flexible work environment - so you can work where & when you work best
- Allowance to help set up home office
- Tremendous growth potential!
Just to name a few!...
- Lead and develop Northern’s People & Culture team, including Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, and Engagement verticals
- Be hands-on in the operations process while partnering strategically with leadership on people engagement
- Lead creative concept ideation for new company-wide and team-based experiences
- Oversee the development of all People & Culture initiatives and implementation of policies and programs (such as performance, compensation, DEI and leadership)
- Function as a strategic human resources advisor to senior leadership team
- Initiate, execute and oversee P&C projects and strategy that align with Company goals and HR best practices
- Oversee and drive company culture, engagement and employer branding initiatives and build strategies that continue to grow our culture
- Act as a trusted advisor and coach to managers/supervisors on human resources policies and procedures, performance management and people management best practices
- Oversee and manage all group benefits retirement savings programs, including but not limited to, plan designs and renewals
- Keep a finger on the pulse for employee morale and leverage data to drive recommendations and planning
- Acts as an ambassador for Northern’s values and culture
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- Successful completion of a University or College degree (or equivalent) in HR, Business, Organizational Development, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in HR with 2+ years of experience managing a team
- CHRL designation or in progress
- Experience leading a team in a high-growth organization
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety and other employment legislation of Ontario
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Previous agency experience is a bonus!
Since its founding in 2015, Northern has grown to nearly 200 employees, helping leading brands across North America navigate digital transformation.
Northern is positioned as a leader in the performance advertising industry as a Facebook Marketing Partner and Google Premier Partner —awarded to only 3% of agency partners in Canada. Our campaigns with leading brands in North America have been recognized as best in class through the Google Premier Partner Awards, Search Engine Land Awards, and the Canadian Search Awards.
Northern’s continued growth, strengthened by our strong company culture, has led to multiple recognitions by Great Place to Work® Canada including Best Workplaces™ in Canada, Ontario, for Women, for Hybrid Work, and more.
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.