Race Roster is an online event registration platform geared towards endurance events. We’re looking for a web developer to help us continue building Race Roster to be the top registration platform in the endurance industry. You’ll be joining the most collaborative team you’ve ever experienced, which will hopefully lead you to the best work of your life. Developers at Race Roster are customer-focused, creative and constantly trying new things, showing them off when they work well, and discarding them when they don’t. At Race Roster, just as many design ideas/initiatives come from our developers, as from our designers. You’ll work in the entire production environment. You can easily go between systematic thinking and microscopic design detail. You are not constrained by the past, and you love working closely with designers.
- Working with our team to incorporate new features on our registration and CRM applications
- Maintaining existing modules
- Optimizing our registration application to handle our growing audience
- Contributing to the overall success of our clients’ events
- 1+ years of web development experience working in PHP
- Ability to work in a team and independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to prioritize incoming tasks
- Test and verify that your solutions meet the assigned requirements
- Ability to write consistent, clean, concise, well documented, and reusable code
- Understanding of relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Knowledge of common web application security attacks and how to prevent them
- Apache/Nginx administration
- Command line
- Web page performance tuning
- Symfony2 components
- Experience with Amazon’s AWS products including—EC2, ELB, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, and SES
- Elastic (Formerly Elasticsearch)
What you need
Your resume and a few snippets that you feel exhibit your skills. Some examples include:
- Code samples
- Links to your public repositories (GitHub, Gist)
- URL’s to websites/projects that you have developed
Depends on experience and performance level
Personable, Integrity, Expertise, Trustworthy,
Send all cover letters and resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us why you want to work at Race Roster and describe an awesome project or team you’ve worked on in the past. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email. Please give us a link to your LinkedIn or any other portfolio website.
Race Roster is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, place of origin, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, creed, record of offences, genetics, disability, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or fitness level.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.