Lead, Application Security
As a Lead, Application Security within the Canada Life Information Security Department, you will be responsible for the security posture of the products your team supports. You will grow your team through hiring, develop the team through coaching, act as a technical escalation point, and ultimately guide the team through critical decisions that always prioritize our customers.
What you will do:
• Act as a subject matter expert and provide consulting on-demand for various initiatives.
• Manage the daily operations and projects for a team of Application Security Engineers and Analysts.
• Monitor key performance indicator (KPI) metrics, track program and employee performance, and provide reporting to senior management on a regular cadence.
• Collaborate with product and development teams to ensure the adoption of Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) best practices across the organization.
What you will bring:
• Experience leading, managing, and developing high performance teams.
• Experience within an Application Security, software security team, or similar operating environment.
• Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts.
• Ability to think offensively like a hacker and defensively by evaluating applications and architecture.
• Demonstrated knowledge of security best practices, principles, and common frameworks, such as: OWASP, NIST, ISO, SOC, etc.
• Prior experience in implementing and integrating tools for SAST, SCA, DAST, IAST, ASPM, WAF, RASP, Fuzzing, Bug Bounty, etc.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.
Canada Life?would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.