Country HR Manager
London, ON, CA, N6G 5C6
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
The Country HR Manager is the HR lead for the defined country, building trust and relationships within the business to enable the smoother operation of people practices. The position serves as a consultant to Managers on Human Resources related issues. Ensure that all HR activity, policies and process are in line with local legislative requirements and the operating standards of the HR organization and support local line Managers to effectively deliver on their responsibilities for the proper execution of HR practices. The primary focus of this role is on employee relations related matters and driving local efforts to positively impact employee experience.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Responsible for delivering a high quality, customer-focused, efficient local HR support to the business, working in partnership with the local management team
- Responsible for the employee experience from onboarding through offboarding
- Coach and consult employees and front line leaders on critical HR processes and other general topics as needed (e.g., performance management process, rewards planning/ philosophy, employee development and career planning coaching, onboarding, policy interpretation)
- Serve as a local extension of HR Business Partners to ensure desired outcomes of people processes are met; Provide recommendations on day to day problems and issues, escalating complex HR issues.
- Serve as a subject matter in employee relations to conduct investigations and lead cases to effective closure; Advise front line leaders on appropriate corrective actions
- Recommend revisions to policies and practices to align with best practice, make CDK a great place to work and to maintain compliance
- Serve as an advocate and coach to local employees and managers regarding: career growth and development– provide personalized advice on building having effective development conversations and creating actionable plans, developing their personal brand, etc.
- Serve as communications change agent to support the business and provide engagement support to employees and managers
- Partners with the HR Centers of Excellence (Compensation and Benefits, HR Communications, HR Operations, and Talent) and the broader HR Organization to ensure alignment to HR strategy and people policies/ practices
- Other duties as assigned based on business need (e.g., participation in project teams, etc.)
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- A minimum of 3-5 years of knowledge and experience in employee relations, employee engagement, and employee development or related field
- Strong credible HR resource to business leaders; comfortable challenging them/ coaching them as needed to drive the best outcomes for the organization
- Evidence of the ability to coach employees and front-line leaders with a high level of confidentiality
- Serves as a strong partner in solving people related issues- strong decision-making skills and solid judgment to contribute to a high performance culture.
- Demonstrated ability to invite diverse perspectives, promote an inclusive work environment and support workforce diversity
- Excellent organizational/ prioritization skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize work and adapt to business changes
- Outstanding collaboration/ interpersonal skills to build trusted relationships at all levels
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (clear, simple, situational, multi-level, multi-cultural)
- Analytically driven; fluent with data-driven analysis
- Resilience to work within a complex organization and find creative solutions
- Strong results-orientation
- Highly ethical- high integrity- does the right thing for the business and our team members
- Self-direction and ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment; Must include knowledge of Excel
- A bachelors degree in business/ human resources or related field and/or HR certification[s] (e.g., PHR or SHRM Certification)
- Prefer experience within the financial/technology/software industries – in a matrix, global environment
- Project Management Skills
- Skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: HR, Information Systems, Marketing Manager, Supply, Advertising, Human Resources, Technology, Marketing, Operations