- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
- Post-secondary 3 year diploma/degree in Computing
- Master’s degree in Computing, Systems, Engineering, Quality, Testing, or a related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years recent and relevant experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Experience in Information Technology with a focus in SW Development Life Cycle, Software and Information Systems Testing tools and processes, Quality Assurance, Security, Coding, User Experience
- Strong capability in test Methodologies, Automated Test Tools, Databases
Approximate Start Date: August 16, 2021
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $66,555 to $115,378 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.