Director, People & Culture (20 month contract)
StarTech.com is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources leader with a strong global total rewards background to join us as Director, People & Culture. This integral position offers an opportunity to lead our People & Culture team and oversee the development and implementation of Human Resources policies, programs, and services on a global scale.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, you will assume responsibility for all Human Resources functions. Your role as a strategic partner will extend beyond total rewards, as you help shape our workplace culture to promote performance, accountability, and employee engagement. Leveraging your strong communication, organizational, and decision-making skills, you will effectively collaborate with senior leadership and cross-functional teams, gaining valuable insights into the needs of our diverse workforce.
If you are an accomplished HR professional with expertise in total rewards and a proven track record in developing and executing programs across all HR functions, we invite you to apply for the position of Director, People & Culture at StarTech.com. Join our team and play a pivotal role in attracting, motivating, and engaging our employees as we continue to thrive and grow.
Please note that this position is to cover an extended leave of absence for a duration of 24 months. This position will work in a hybrid capacity (in-person at the StarTech.com London, Ontario office and remotely from home).
What will you be doing?
- Develop, implement, and monitor HR strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure their alignment with StarTech.com objectives while fostering a culture of operational excellence.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of managers responsible for talent acquisition, talent development, employee relations, and payroll, benefit & compensation processes, ensuring their effective execution and alignment with organizational objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships will all employees, providing leadership and expert guidance on HR-related issues.
- Accountable for driving strategic employee engagement initiatives, facilitating and cultivating impactful programs in collaboration with the People & Culture team, catering to employees worldwide within a hybrid work environment.
- Ensure compliance with local and federal legislation globally across the 10+ countries where StarTech.com has employees.
- Track and analyze key HR metrics, assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of HR programs, and use data to inform HR decisions and strategies to the President.
What can you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University focusing on Human Resources/Commerce/Employee Relations/Psychology, or equivalent knowledge & experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years leadership experience, preferably in a fast-paced and global environment.
- CHRL designation preferred.
- Experience developing & implementing HR strategies that support business objectives.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion in HR practices and policies.
- Knowledge of relevant government laws, legislation, policies, and procedures (North American required, with global experience preferred)
- Understand the cultural differences working with employees in multiple countries and time zones, as well as in a hybrid working environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles including talent acquisition, training & development, payroll, benefits, compensation, and employee relations. Please note that a strong background in total rewards is strongly preferred.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving experience to resolve issues effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with tact, diplomacy, and courtesy.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and to conduct research using the internet.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Benefit Plan
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development/Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 26 countries globally, we are proud to be included as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 2022 and for the 12th consecutive year. In 2022, StarTech.com was proud to be included in Financial Post's FP500, a ranking of Canada's largest corporations based on revenue. We are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.