Technical Support Engineer
Join our Team CARFAX as an Technical Support Engineer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. All this AND a 4-day work week all summer! If you’re a techie who enjoys constantly learning new things, collaborating with teammates, and building best-in-class products and services, you’ll find exciting opportunities at CARFAX!
The Banking & Insurance Group (BIG) is one of the most successful divisions within CARFAX, serving the insurance, automotive finance, and credit union industries. We are in high-growth mode as the use of vehicle data in these markets is increasing exponentially. We are seeking an experienced and passionate technical support professional to join our team and help us maintain an excellent customer experience for the biggest brands in these industries who utilize our products and services in their daily operations.
This position will work with subject customers and partners, internal SMEs, and our software development team to ensure our products and services are performing as designed. We are looking for a well-rounded, tech-savvy thinker with a bias towards resolution.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Interface directly with customers and partners to handle mission-critical technical requests in a 24/7 environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors within various systems and access points
- Lead root-cause and log file analyses for system delivery issues
- Analyze data and monitor system performance with an eye for improvements
- Have working familiarity with various products and systems to support testing and deployment
- Participate in Agile ceremonies with developers and product owners
- 2+ years of technical production support experience with a data/software company
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills
- Exceptional problem solver with an eye for detail and the ability to derive clarity from ambiguity
- Proven team player with the ability to work independently on multiple cases simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to provide occasional after-hours/on-call support
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience with Salesforce, PagerDuty, New Relic, cloud computing environment (preferably AWS), or other similar tools
- BA/BS in a technical field preferred
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.