Customer Retention Specialist
The Customer Retention Specialist is responsible for executing on and constantly improving Paystone’s strategies for retaining business and increasing customer loyalty. The Customer Retention Specialist’s key responsibility will be to interact with customers who have requested account downgrades or closures and find the right path to enable the customer to keep their business with Paystone. The mandate is to maximize all retention opportunities and to work across various teams to resolve customer issues that are preventing customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will be someone resilient in the face of challenges, and who can demonstrate strong negotiation and problem-solving skills in order to retain customers. The ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels — from executives to end users of the platform — is essential.
- Responsible for handling customers’ phone or email requests to downgrade or close Paystone accounts
- Responsible for saving these accounts using negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Where customer satisfaction issues are at play, resolves customer issues where appropriate, or works with Paystone’s Support and Customer Success teams to ensure issues are resolved.
- Working closely with the Account Management team, help Paystone evolve its proactive customer retention strategy and tactics
- Responsible for designing and executing outbound campaigns designed to maximise retention.
- Monitors competitors’ offerings in order to provide accurate information regarding Paystone advantages when working on retention scenarios.
- Works closely with the account management team to help on all initiatives that add value-added products to customer accounts, or that contribute to customer retention.
- University degree or college diploma in business, IT or a related field, or equivalent business experience
- Excellent written and verbal French and English skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities
- Customer service experience is a requirement
- Experience working with point of sale systems or in a retail-related field an asset
- Experience onboarding new clients and services in a SaaS environment an asset