Senior Physics Programmer
We are looking for a talented and experienced Physics Programmer to join our team and create a high quality general purpose physics system to support the needs of our game projects. We are a technology focused company with an experienced programming team and an advanced proprietary game engine.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated physics programmer able to write concise, logical, bug-free code that is on the cutting edge of technology in the the space of real-time physics simulation.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Implement low level physics systems from the ground up in a proprietary engine.
- Research academic papers to stay informed on latest trends in advanced real-time physics simulation.
- Write systems for rigid body collision, soft body simulation including ragdoll, cloth, and fluid simulation.
- Design, implement, and maintain clear, concise, bug-free physics code.
- Debug, optimize, or modify code to adhere to quality, readability, and reliability standards.
- Review, test, and verify code to ensure correctness, robustness, and efficiency.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to understand and implement physics systems that are functional, easy to use, and support the needs of our engine.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of physics engine development experience on shipped products.
- Expert proficiency with C++.
- Deep knowledge of advanced, low-level physics systems.
- Expertise architecting robust, well-written, and efficient solutions to complex technical problems.
- Experience writing and debugging code inside a proprietary or commercial C++ 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional technical ability and exceptional communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games and engine systems.
- Bachelor's degree in physics.
- Experience using third party physics systems such as PhysX or Havok.
- Experience programming in Java.
How to Apply
You will need to provide:
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
subject "Senior Physics Programmer".