Marketing Manager- Software Reviews
SoftwareReviews is looking for a driven and organized individual with great communication skills to join the team as Marketing Manager, focused on software vendor engagement and growth. The role will be responsible for increasing vendor usage of SoftwareReviews awards and collaborating to drive distribution and presentation across vendor websites. We are looking for an experienced marketing professional who can leverage experience in the B2B industry to build and scale this program from the ground up.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
The main goal of this role will be to increase engagement with software-as-a-service (SaaS) vendors, and partner with them to display SoftwareReviews award badges and other marketing collateral with backlinks to the SoftwareReviews domain. To achieve success, you should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and customer marketing strategies, excellent communication and relationship building skills, and a strong understanding of the B2B software industry. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the marketing team, supporting teams (such as sales and development), and with external vendor clients and prospects.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Plan and execute campaigns and programs to contact and convince vendor winners to utilize award content on their websites including a link back to the SoftwareReviews website
- Partner with the Sales team to develop tailored communication and outreach plans for existing vendor clients and initiate new conversations to expand client relationships
- Develop messaging clearly articulating the benefits of the Vendor Award program and collateral to increase adoption
- Measure and report on program and campaign KPIs to key stakeholders
- Continually optimize the award and collateral program through technology to increase efficiency, client feedback, promotion of usage, and developing a community of users who are advocates
- Scale and increase the reach of this program with marketing automation
- Partner with customers to create and evangelize case studies and testimonials
- Recommend activities to promote advocacy along each phase of the customer journey
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
- BA/BS degree in marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of marketing experience, preferably in customer marketing or community building
- Experience working with sales and customers closely or prior experience in sales and/or business development roles
- Experience in B2B software industry preferred
- Experience with Salesforce a plus, specifically reporting, campaign object, and dashboard creation
- Hands on experience with Marketo or other leading marketing automation platforms a plus
- Experience with marketing analytics tools like Google Analytics a plus
TOP CANDIDATES WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING BEHAVIOURS
- Analytical skills: Exceptional ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of information from campaigns, and make strategic adjustments accordingly
- Organization Skills: Ability and discipline to effectively manage a series of diverse and complex campaigns with on-going re-prioritization and focus
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, compelling, and concise manner in external and internal communications. Able to influence decisions makers and articulate a compelling value prop of working with SoftwareReviews.
- Persistence and Resilience: Demonstrates consistent tenacity in managing campaigns and successfully overcomes setbacks and disappointments.
- Attention to Detail: Strong focus and attention to detail when dealing with complex campaigns and incoming data quality.
- Learning-minded: Always looking for opportunities to grow and learn, thinking of new innovative solutions to data collection and marketing
- Creativity: Able to build creative means to engage prospects, and then be creative in building solutions to meet mutual goals between SoftwareReviews and our vendor partners.