Technical /Research Support I
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Faculty of Education's mission is to transform education and transform lives by leading and contributing to teaching excellence in research-intensive academic and professional programs, and through world-class research that produces measurable and high-quality social impact that benefits society. We are committed to enhancing equity and accessibility for all learners, and culturally and socially responsive knowledge brokering and mobilization.
The Technical/Research Support 1 will be responsible for carrying out research functions in collaboration with principal investigators, staff, and students. The incumbent will maintain equipment, order supplies, set up and conduct tests and experiments in adherence with prescribed procedures. The incumbent will maintain records, and analyze, summarize and compile data and results for dissemination.
Day-to-day activities include but not limited to:
- Collaborating with the team to solve problems and create user interfaces.
- Work on existing projects.
- Designing and developing web-applications.
- Expanding the existing backend and deploying web-applications on the server.
- Community College Diploma OR Undergraduate Degree in a related field
- 1 year of work experience supporting research in a related technical field
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Familiarity with experimental design and analysis
- Detail-oriented with an ability to function and process information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to follow processes with high attention to detail
- Ability to employ a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Computer skills with the ability to learn and use software programs
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students and the public
- Ability to collect and analyze data in an objective manner
- Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
Western offers a broad and exciting variety of part-time and temporary employment opportunities with ample room for job exploration and growth. Within our beautiful campus, you are part of a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance including access to our state-of-the-art recreation centre. Apply for an opportunity to be part of the Western community and contribute to its success!
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.