Sr. IT Ops Analyst
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Operations is home to a team of highly-valued professionals recognized for both their customer-service mindsets and dedication to seamless 24-7 running of our infrastructure technologies. They also manage what we call the implementation and delivery life cycle for IT components across the various technology groups. Component installation, maintenance and decommissioning, operational or help desk support, system performance, capacity and availability monitoring, migration, emerging technology assessment, implementation, release management and deployment support – you name it.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone with diverse skills and some background in this space to carry out a broad range of operational service and support assignments.You’ll work under minimal supervision on environment management, maintenance, monitoring, performance and incident management, as well as production support activities. There’s meaningful work at every turn!
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
[5/6/2022 12:16 PM] Owen, Leslie
Hi Role title –
Perform controlled resolution of incidents and problems including prioritization and escalation liaising with business and technology partners as appropriate
• Service applications / systems and provide a level of application/ systems/ operational availability that meets or exceeds established standards/service levels, while minimizing operational risk
• Partner with key stakeholders to schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner; reduce change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams
• Continuously strive to improve the stability of production environment by partnering closely with key stakeholders on setting up, maintaining and monitoring applications/systems, ensuring availability targets are met
• Provide effective day-to-day support for applications/systems through accurate problem identification and timely resolution of production issues; perform controlled and timely resolution of incidents while prioritizing and monitoring client satisfaction
• Partners with relevant teams to schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner; reduces change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams where possible
• Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution; communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
• Deliver effective and defect-free support (application, software and/or operations), researching system issues / opportunities, overseeing the execution of recommendations and maintaining accurate documentation
• Interact with clients to provide quality service/solutions consistent with objectives and client requirements
• Design, review, and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations
• Identify and address application and data issues and cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect application integrity
• Consult with other functional areas to provide technical expertise on area of specialization by acting as a reference on technology, trends and processes related to own area
• Schedule changes to supported components in accordance with the approved change management procedures; implement changes with proper testing, stakeholder signoff, monitoring and with minimal impact to the business
• May develop a working relationship with 3rd party vendors as required to fulfill support requirements
• Act as partner in scheduling, packaging and releasing new applications and manage all application releases according to approved governance and gating criteria
• Develop understanding of technical aspects of project / break-fix development related to the application and provide advice/guidance to Developers and Solution Designers
• Responsible for incident management (2nd level), monthly maintenance, state of health monitoring, and SLA maintenance
• Provide effective day-to-day production support for applications through accurate problem identification and timely resolution of production issues
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Monitor system lifecycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, undertaking re-development, as required
• May monitor the performance of the environment by using meaningful metrics
• Provide Disaster Recovery support by assisting in defining / reviewing disaster recovery plans and by participating in testing
• Assess and analyze optimization opportunities to the operational environment to improve performance and/or resource utilization
• Ensure effective change management discipline is use
• Adhere to existing processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required
• Follow standards, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and applicable Business Recovery Plans (BRP)
• Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and/or reduce costs
• Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines
• Make effective use of the cost management processes in place in own unit
• Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
• Keep current with industry and/or business trends
• May perform testing according to test plans, monitor and report on results, and work with others on problem resolution
• As required, support the development of business cases, RFI/RFP and service level agreements with vendors/suppliers consistent with IT requirements/guidelines
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently in a senior/lead role on a diverse range of tasks and coach/educate others.
- Subject matter expert and consults with clients, team, and/or project team to provide technical guidance and highly complex troubleshooting/problem resolution.
- Readiness and confidence in installing, configuring, upgrading business applications/systems in co-ordination with appropriate stakeholders.
- Experience as a subject matter expert and consultant who can impart technical guidance and engage in highly-complex troubleshooting/problem resolution.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.