Associate Director, Alumni Relations & Corporate Development
Who We Are:
Ivey Business School acknowledges and respects the traditional lands of the Anishinaabek, Haudenosaunee, Lunaapéewak, and Attawandaron peoples, where Western University and Ivey Business School are located. This land continues to be home to diverse Indigenous peoples, whom we recognize as contemporary stewards of the land and vital contributors of the community.
Ivey Business School (www.ivey.ca) at Western University (www.uwo.ca) is Canada’s leading provider of real-world, case-based business education. Drawing on extensive research and business experience, Ivey’s faculty provides the best classroom experience, equipping students with the knowledge, skills, and capabilities they need to confidently take on today’s leadership challenges and opportunities through Case-Method Learning. Ivey offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs, as well as Executive Education at campuses in London, Toronto, and Hong Kong.
Who You Are:
The Associate Director, Alumni Relations & Corporate Development, is a pivotal member of the Business Development team, and instrumental in enhancing the School's reputation and the Ivey Academy's success by cultivating strong corporate relationships with key clients and alumni, assessing and activating latent alumni and corporate relationship assets to drive revenue growth, and crafting and executing engaging events and programs to keep alumni and clients connected and informed of future Ivey Academy offerings. Your efforts will directly contribute to improving participant follow-up, bolstering global rankings, and strengthening alumni affinity with a portfolio of clients that includes esteemed organizations from across Canada and worldwide.
Through close collaboration with the Business Development and Marketing teams and key departments across the School, you will establish strategic targets, define goals, and formulate plans to seize corporate development opportunities, all while measuring success through alumni satisfaction, global rankings, and revenue generation.
What You’ll Do:
Strategy and Alumni/Client Engagement
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with key clients through communications, targeted visits and related outreach, to build brand loyalty, trust, and a forum for new ideas.
- Enhance and promote credentials, including digital badging, certificates, certificate pathways, and future credentialing opportunities, to elevate the value, significance, and prestige associated with the completion of Ivey Academy programs.
- Spearhead the development and execution of an Alumni referral program aimed at increasing awareness, fostering alumni engagement, and driving revenue growth.
- Lead the current post-program alumni engagement strategy and explore channels for expanding outreach, including ongoing initiatives to foster meaningful connections and interactions with our alumni and prospective leads.
- Lead the collection and analysis of data related to rankings to inform strategic decision-making.
- Collaborate on the development and seamless implementation of our alumni portal, fostering a user-friendly and engaging platform for alumni interaction and information sharing.
Business Development and Growth:
- Proactively analyze and influence potential needs and considerations for new business opportunities with key clients, driving the growth of open and custom programs, and cross-sell revenue over time.
- Independently and collaboratively, with the Director, Business Development and/ or the BD team, engage with current and prospective key accounts and clients to actively contribute to business development and efforts and generate new revenue.
Event Development & Execution:
- Develop and execute a wide range of engaging alumni events and continuous learning opportunities (such as the annual Ivey Talent Leaders Forum, program-specific alumni events, idea forums, Homecoming, etc.) for all Ivey Academy past participants, talent leaders and the Ivey Academy community. These events aim to create a positive post-program experience, foster connections, strengthen loyalty to the Ivey brand, and strategically expand our brand presence in key geographies.
- In collaboration with the Ivey Academy marketing team, identify and curate compelling livestream events, to continue to build the Academy brand, connect with alumni, generate awareness and leads, and align with key topics that support the Ivey Next strategy.
- Maintain current Ivey Academy alumni networks and use as model for developing new networks/events for other programs and clients.
Continuous Improvement and Collaboration:
- Develop increasing levels of knowledge about specific industry trends, and expectations of core clients to improve market presence by conducting ongoing research and building a high level of engagement with Ivey Academy clients.
- Foster and maintain relationships throughout the Ivey community to heighten brand awareness and explore opportunities for synergies.
- Implement and refine policies and procedures to ensure participants and key stakeholders enjoy a positive client experience when assessing their executive education needs.
- Define and complete special projects related to the Ivey Academy’s goals as required.
What You Have:
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a client–facing role, working with senior level leaders.
- Proven leadership experience is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of digital tools and platforms, leveraging technology effectively for various purposes.
- Exceptional visioning and planning skills, to conceive of and implement strategic projects, demonstrated by the ability to conceive, plan and implement projects comprehensively from inception to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills with a proven ability to communicate with a variety of clients at all levels including executives and alumni.
- Outstanding written, oral, presentation, and project management skills, facilitating communication with diverse stakeholders, including executives and alumni.
- Exceptional ability to build strong relationships within and outside the organization.
- Sales skills and the ability to effectively and enthusiastically represent Ivey, its students and the Ivey Academy to targeted organizations.
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills, managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated skill in complex project/event management, with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Ability to perform under pressure, respond to ambiguity, changing priorities, and fluctuating workloads effectively.
- Solid understanding of foundational business concepts, along with a keen interest in current business thinking.
- Strong team orientation while demonstrating the ability to work autonomously when necessary.
- Proficiency in management, delegation, coaching, training and mentoring.
- Willingness and ability to travel and entertain clients to enhance engagement and relationships.
What We Offer:
- A bright, inclusive, and modern eco-friendly working environment
- Flexible or hybrid work plans for many roles
- A collaborative and engaging work culture
- Opportunity to join a community of people-focused professionals
- Market competitive compensation with annual increases available
- Generous benefits package with employer-paid premiums, including a comprehensive Health and Dental Plan, Health Care Spending Account, as well as short- and long-term disability programs
- Enhanced mental health benefits coverage and resources
- A generous group retirement savings plan with 7.5% employer contributions
- Life and AD&D insurance for you and your family
- Out-of-country travel insurance
- Vacation starting at 15 days per year plus 2 paid Ivey Personal Days
- Paid time off during the School’s December holiday closure
- Numerous campus-wide arts, culture, and sport events
- Supports for professional development and career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program with family coverage
Hybrid based out of London, ON, or Toronto, ON
Full-time (35/hours a week) 3-year renewable contract.
Based on the salary band for this role, candidates can expect to be offered a starting salary in the range of $82,800-$103,500. When determining salary, Ivey Business School considers the external market, candidate qualifications, as well as internal equity. Once in the role, successful candidates will have the opportunity to progress through the range through annual increases.
If you are excited about the opportunity to work for Canada’s most prestigious business school, working alongside the brightest staff, students, and globally recognized faculty, tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter via the Ivey Careers page today.
Application will close October 6th, 2023 at 11:59PM.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Ivey
Ivey Business School is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Please explore Ivey’s EDI homepage for more information on Ivey's commitment to EDI, to read about Ivey’s progress in the EDI Update, and to meet Ivey’s EDI Advisory Council members.
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application, and/or throughout the recruitment process.