Business Development Representative - VAR
The Business Development Representative generates new revenue and drives sales growth through the identification, engagement and acquisition of prospective clients within an assigned territory by (a) developing new business through prospecting, lead generation, cold calling, scheduling and leading sales presentations, (b) aligning the company’s products, services and value proposition through meaningful cold calls to Senior IT Executives within an assigned territory, and (c) delivering against set goals and metrics.
- Create and execute sales to maximize revenue through new business development.
- Generate efforts in lead sourcing using LinkedIn, Email, and Phone Outreach.
- Deliver compelling presentations to Senior IT Executives.
- Utilize CRM (SalesForce) to manage sales/task workflow, including uploading new contacts, logging appointments, monitoring progress and ensuring completion.
- Assist in the preparation of sales presentations by customizing PowerPoint presentations to align with target audience(s).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- 3-5 years experience in a front line sales experience, preferably gained in a highly transactional B2B sales environment with consistent track record of hitting sales targets
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills with experience selling over the telephone.
- Self-motivated, task oriented, and results driven.
- Must have proven experience working with MS Suite of products and be adept at using internal technologies and/systems (experienced in Salesforce CRM an asset)
- A continuous learning mindset and eagerness to give and receive feedback are key success factors for the role.
- Intellectual agility and curiosity: Willingness to continually learn about the product and customer; and use that knowledge adeptly in demonstrating and articulating ITRG's value proposition.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate both externally (to senior executive buyers) and internally (to key stakeholders) in a clear, compelling and concise manner.
- Organizational Skills: Ability and discipline to effectively manage a multitude of sales activities with on-going re-prioritization and focus.
- Persistence and Resilience: Demonstrates consistent tenacity in managing the sales process and successfully overcomes setbacks and disappointments
- Active Listening Skills: Ability to listen and respond to a customer in a manner that improves mutual understanding.
- Analytical skills: Exceptional ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of information and conduct substantive content discussions with senior-level executives.
- Critical Thinking Skills: Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to assess prospect/client needs and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice along with access to appropriate Info-Tech services to support achievement of business results.
- Strategic-minded: Ability to strategically and systematically evaluate emerging and longer term opportunities and threats to meet customer needs.
- Learning-minded: Deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of customer and product insights on the business landscape & passion for learning.
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.