Senior IT Developer
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
CUSTOMER: Responsible for analyzing a broad range of business requirements, conducting program / system research and analysis to identify key components for solutions delivery and problem resolution
• Develop new applications and perform unit / component test for new application development initiatives aligned to business needs and in accordance with technology architecture standards
• Ensure effective communication of solutions development requirements for respective area and contribute to project plans, estimations, timelines and status updates to support management team / clients on prioritizing new and existing projects against IT requirements and business objectives
• Inform key stakeholders of any issues that may impact other areas of the project and resolve or escalate issues as required
• Support business enquiries and business activities through execution of small enhancements and break / fix implementations (e.g. source code changes)
• Work with Business Analysts / Systems Analysts, other technology Developers / Solution Designers to ensure the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals
SHAREHOLDER: Create and maintain quality code, ensure defect free programming consistent with standards; provide code maintenance and support during testing cycles and post-production deployment and participate in reviewing peer coding
• Adhere to standard security coding practices to ensure application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities
• Participate in identifying and recommending development / testing solutions / tools in support of project / application objectives
• Completes unit and integration testing for conformance to standards and adherence to design specifications
• Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines by participating in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis
• Assist in the development / maintenance of comprehensive processes for prevention of issues and participate in problem determination and timely resolution of incidents applying appropriate quality measures
• Perform Systems Administration of applications / environments supported by the LOB, monitor application / service performance, perform configuration, backup, authentication & tuning
• Ensure both state-of-health monitoring and monthly SLA targets are in place, and are being met
• Provide technical expertise during Incident management, analyze incident reports and outages, perform impact assessment for incidents and facilitate internal and external communication throughout incident resolution
EMPLOYEE / TEAM: Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies, emerging trends/developments and grow knowledge of the business, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines as assigned
• Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
• Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers
• Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
BREADTH & DEPTH: Performs complex to difficult technical tasks independently
• Advanced knowledge of technology, tools, various programming languages, processes, and procedures
• Extensive knowledge of the business, enterprise technology areas and / or the organization
• Key subject matter expert who consults with and may lead clients and/or project teams on multiple aspects of development issues
• Works as the senior or lead developer and coaches/guides team members within area of expertise
• Resolves highly complex and multifaceted development related problems
• Typically reports to an IT Manager or above
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate
• 5-7 years relevant experience
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.