Senior Business Architect
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Senior, Business Architect
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
We are currently looking for a Senior Business Architect that will work to align the strategic goals and objectives of the business units with decisions regarding the services they provide. As a key business partner this role will support the achievement of key goals; planning and execution of various business scenarios; and delivery of bottom line business value. As a Senior Business Architect, you will support the LifeCo brand GLOBALLY by supporting the different areas such as but not limited to Audit, HR, Risk, AML, Compliance etc.
What you will do
- Consult with business leaders to review, analyze, evaluate projects, and present opportunities to develop new services and leverage new business models and technologies for the business
- Create the vision and roadmap that guides the portfolio of Corporate Technology solutions through the documentation of current and future capabilities, business information, business needs and prioritize using business architecture deliverables aligned with business strategy
- Construct conceptual business architecture models to determine the best path for implementing strategic business opportunities that may include improvement in business operations, better use of business information, enhancements to systems, user training and/or software procurement
- Apply and utilize business modeling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be used to inform project level initiatives and executive decision making
- Be the subject matter expert in the development of the overall business architecture framework for the enterprise
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure alignment with the enterprise
- Functions as a liaison to Business and IS partners in order to gain a broad understanding of industry trends and innovations, and their impact on the business
- Provide business architectural oversight of projects; ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework
What you will bring
- University degree in a business discipline, computer science or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of Business areas supported by Corporate Technology is a strong asset
- Minimum (ten) 10 years of experience delivering improved business solutions
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Systems or Business Architecture role or related areas of expertise
- Excellent communicator that can effectively communicate high-level concepts and ideas, through to solutions, with stakeholders and technology teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships across multiple geographies and business functions
- Self-starter with the ability to operate with comfort in ambiguity
- Enterprise Architecture/IT model development is a strong asset
- Demonstrated ability of developing strategies and roadmaps using various techniques
- Demonstrated strong business skills and methods including business case development
- Excellent consulting, verbal and written communication skills in English
What really sets you apart:
- Exposure to Technology platforms for Artificial Intelligence (Robotics, Machine Learning, etc.), Data Science and Big Data, is a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing Technologies: Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Comfortable with different Architecture Taxonomies, Methodologies and Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, etc.)
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Apply for this job online