Temporary position, anticipated to extend until Febrary 17, 2023, subject to the availability of work.
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care, London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 90,000 active items.
Learn more about HMMS through this short online video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI.
Reporting to the Manager, HMMS Supply Chain Technology, this role plays an integral part in ensuring new/changes to data records in our core system applications (McKesson, Cerner, Oracle WCC) are accurate and comply with external/internal policies and procedures (MIS, BPS Directives, GS1 Canada).
This role is the gatekeeper to data integrity and is responsible for organizing and processing requests for core table adds/changes (i.e. Item, Vendor, E Requisition (Order) Approval Leader, Delivery Locations, electronic document management) to ensure accuracy and resolve inconsistencies before processing. The Data Administrator manages user functional rights and cost center security privileges for our HMMS Application Users.
Close attention to detail, initiative and critical thinking when faced with competing priorities and processing high volumes is required to be successful. The Data Administrator must have the ability to think broadly and consider impacts across systems and within the organization.
- Post-Secondary Diploma required preferably in Business, Computer Science or Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrate intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and timelines
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Familiarity with Database structure
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate superior customer service
- Demonstrate initiative
- Flexibility required working in and supporting users in a constantly changing software environment
- Enthusiastic person with previous experience which involved superior customer service (1-3 years)
- Previous experience with data management (1-3 years)
- Previous experience which involved superior customer service (1-3 years)
All HMMS employees are employees of St. Joseph's Healthcare, London and are assigned to HMMS work sites. Site location could be St. Joseph's Healthcare, London, Parkwood Hospital, London Health Sciences Centre (Victoria / University Hospitals), or at one of our warehouses located on Stronach Crescent, or Exeter Road in London ON.
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Please access St. Joseph's Health Care career site to apply to available positions. Healthcare Materials Management Services will be identified as the Location in the posting.