Director, Project Management & Delivery
Are you ready to make your mark in a dynamic, growing social media tech business?
Bring your 6+ years of experience in Project Management to the largest network of media entertainment properties around the globe - Diply. We have 130M fans that we reach across multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Google, Snapchat and TikTok and we are continuously adding new products, platforms and brands to our portfolio.
You might know us for some of our social entertainment brands: Crafty, Mommy Needs Vodka, Delicious, Aunty Acid and Diply Facts!. As a member of our senior management team, you will be leveraging your product and project management expertise to take our operating infrastructure to the next level so that we master our project delivery and product development processes as well as prepare ourselves for sustainable growth.
This is the right role for you if you have…
- deep expertise in implementing systems and processes that guide the management of product / technology development projects
- exceptional business planning and strategic thinking capabilities that enable you to translate broad business needs and strategies into actionable projects combined with the ability to lead the execution of critical business and operational initiatives
- a proven track record in overseeing and directing highly complex projects through the project planning cycle in a matrixed environment, ensuring all facets of the project are considered and integrated
- a solid understanding of software development and web technologies that you can leverage, ideally gained from working on projects involving delivery through social platforms
- exceptional relationship development capabilities including facilitating planning and decision making with multiple internal stakeholders to maximize project outcomes
- at least 3 years’ experience leading a team and the ability to hold people accountable on commitments as well as coach the development of your team’s performance
- an understanding of business intelligence / data management and the ability to direct the development and delivery of analytics in response to business requirements
- strong problem solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- a client-centric mindset that drives the service levels delivered by your team to internal end-users and ensures alignment to the needs of the business at all times
- an entrepreneurial mindset that includes the innate ability to ask the right questions and generate solutions that contribute to the growth and success of the business
About this role…
This is a brand new role at Diply responsible for building our systems, processes and practices related to Project Management PLUS facilitating the planning and execution of key strategic / operating initiatives that elevate our business systems and practices. Reporting to the co-founder & Chief Product Officer, this role is responsible for directing the project management function, as well as supporting the Senior Leadership Team to resolve business challenges and deliver on business processes / systems.
We like to think of this senior management role as a cross between “Chief of Staff” for the co-founder/CPO and head of Project Management, as well as a process and infrastructure quarterback and all-round executor of deliverables relating to the infrastructure of the business. Essentially, you translate strategy through people to get results, leveraging process and systems to make it happen.
Our ideal candidate has deep expertise in project management combined with management consulting skills and people leadership capabilities.
If you are an entrepreneurial leader who thrives in a chaotic environment and are ready to be part of a dynamic leadership team in a business that is poised for growth, then we want to hear from you.
Diply has offices in both Toronto and London (ON), however, our preference is to hire for the London region (or close to). During this time, all staff members are working from home until further notice.
Experience in media is not necessary, but you do need a solid background in technology.
If you are interested, please include both a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why you believe this job has your name on it.
Candidates without cover letters will not be considered.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal decent to apply. Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Apply for this job