Project Manager - Pall Water
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Water Platform of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Pall Water (www.pallwater.com) is a division of Pall Corporation. Quality Platform. Our trusted solution portfolio provides global water treatment. Pall Water offers a wide range of water filtration solutions to meet your every need. Pall Water provides complete water and wastewater treatment solutions and services using cutting-edge membrane technologies to serve municipal and industrial customers. Combined with decades of experience and thousands of installations, Pall Water is known globally as a provider of high-quality systems designed to tackle the most complex water treatment challenges, simply and reliably. Within Danaher, Pall Water is part of the Water platform group of businesses. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?
The Pall Water Project Manager is a strong leader of complex engineered to order projects that involve multidiscipline resources both internally and externally. The Project Manager executes orders from order entry to order acceptance with our end customers. In this hands-on role, the incumbent will direct internal and external teams to fulfil order requirements from a cost, schedule and quality standpoint. The incumbent will drive the team to improve Gross Margin, deliver on time and ensure the customer requirements are met. Tracking each project schedule and tasks to ensure a successful outcome for key stakeholders is the main objective of this position. Being able to lead a cross-functional team, ensure alignment and communicating of project goals and plans is essential. Managing customer communications and expectations is a required task in this role. The Project Manager will be assigned several projects to handle simultaneously involving different customers, different teams, and different contract requirements. Project Manager will also use DBS (Danaher Business System) tools drive continuous improvement in the execution of Pall Water projects.
Project Management (90%):
- Leads multiple projects at one time with team, cross-functional teams including scope, schedule and cost
- Provides support to Sales during budget and proposal phase of projects on strategies for success
- Reviews and comments on contract specifications during the design phase of the project
- Reviews purchase orders and contracts as well coordinate order entry and purchase order approval process
- Maintains project variable contribution margins through effective change management
- Provides support to the Pall Water Field Service Engineers during start-up and commissioning
- Assists in planning and collecting project payment
- Integrates activities and cross-functional resources, including third parties, as required to support project delivery, start-up, commissioning and customer acceptance
- Ensures that legal, safety, and regulatory requirements are met, and that work is conducted in accordance with corporate standards
- Provides accurate and timely communication of issues, risks, and corrective actions related to the projects
- Leads and directs a cross-functional team responsible for supporting project delivery
- Provides professional customer service, negotiating and resolving issues with customers and external stakeholders through all phases of the project to ensure customer satisfaction
- Works with subject matter experts to estimate project costs, tracks and manages changes impacting cost through execution to ensure profit margin targets are achieved
- Works with project team to improve gross margin percentages through change orders.
- Maintains project schedule and report issues to management when needed.
- Reviews project financial documents to assure projects remain on budget.
- Accurately forecasts project revenue.
- Utilizes daily Visual Management to keep business informed of project status.
Danaher Business System (DBS) Excellence (10%):
- Embrace and utilize a culture with regular kaizen activities leveraging daily management and continuous process improvement to achieve sustainable competitive advantage.
- Solves technical problems, evaluating systems and or processes to determine root cause and implement corrective actions as required, engaging subject matter experts as needed
- Continuously improve our execution plans for projects, drive improvements thru Danaher Business System tools
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or supply chain-related field with 8+ years of related project management work experience OR Master’s degree with 5+ years of related project management work experience
- Validated experience in executing projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, highly desired
- Experience in Project Management software
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally, troubleshoot and resolve sophisticated technical problems by involving project team members and working towards conclusion
- Clear and concise technical writing and communication for working with team members and customers
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-tasking
- Proficient in Office 365, MS Project online, MS Teams, Outlook
- Experience in capital equipment contracts
- Knowledge of municipal and industrial water market landscape
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture! These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values!
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.