Graphic Designer Canada – Remote (EST – Eastern Standard Time)
You have a passion for design (that's a no brainer!) and the cannabis industry. You create work that people ooh and ahh over. You understand design principles and can interpret brand and voice to communicate it visually. You flex your design muscles regularly by practising on multiple mediums. You know your way around digital ad space and can use your originality to grow a brand. You're up to date with current design trends and always strive for excellence. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a stellar creative, who is able to elevate our internal brands through different channels and mediums. A key collaborator that is able to extend a campaign through different touch points. As a Graphic Designer, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact and help shape the way we communicate and create value for our brands. You will contribute to our growth by executing on campaigns to spread across all formats of design, print and digital. As a key member of the creative team, you will actively collaborate on building and deploying the strategies to successfully building Motif Labs brands to the Canadian cannabis industry. The ideal candidate has proven experience in building, and translating cohesive campaigns from start to finish and possesses an unmatched attention to detail.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
· Conceptualize, contribute, and design compelling branded digital collateral for our internal brands: including websites, social media assets, digital ads, newsletters, blog posts, events, conferences, etc., for all existing and future brand channels and mediums.
· Understand and execute on various print applications including packaging, signage, displays, and new conceptual design applications for retail.
· Ability to execute in great detail, creating process to increase productivity and efficiency
· Create new digital content through photography, video, and motion graphics
· Create and maintain a visual brand voice for external facing brand communications
· Build, manage and grow an asset library and toolboxes
· Translate business needs into creative and articulated assets that prioritize marketing and business objectives
· Design, maintain and optimize company websites and user experience for multiple devices an asset
· Work closely with the marketing and brand teams to leverage retail data by testing and optimizing digital ad campaigns based on audience data insights
· Generate ideas on how our brands can come to life through multiple touchpoints
· Develop and establish new standards within our guidelines to best showcase our brands
· Research and understand the Canadian cannabis retail landscape, seeking new opportunities to show case our brands
· 2-5 years of design experience in a similar role.
· You are an expert in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects and you know how to design for web and print.
· Production savvy: You know how to make files ready for print or web production. You know how to work and communicate with vendors, printers and other stakeholders.
· Detail-oriented: You work pixel-perfect, are highly detail-oriented, and have an excellent feel for typography.
· Brand guardian: You can act as brand police, while being flexible enough to allow the brand to evolve
· Strong portfolio: You demonstrate originality, perfect execution, and multidisciplinary thinking through your work.
· A strategic thinker that works well independently and as part of a core team.
· Strong aptitude in applying design thinking to advertising communications.
· Innovator: You don’t believe in the status quo, and you like to make things happen.
· Communicator. You can communicate well and get your ideas across. You have strong professional interpersonal communication skills (verbal and email writing)
· Time management: You can manage your time, hit deadlines, and be on time for meetings, all while juggling multiple projects.
· Team player: You are positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit who works well with others.
· Ability to Learn and Share: You approach the work with an open mind to learn while sharing knowledge.
· Cultural player: You contribute to the culture of the company and take part in activities that foster the company spirit.
· Experience in cannabis, beverage, alcohol or relatable industries is an asset
· Knowledge of motion and video creation is an asset.
Reports to Creative Director