Customer Support Specialist
The Customer Support Specialist operates with a customer-first mindset. You will receive requests from existing and prospective customers regarding company products and services. The primary responsibilities of this position includes responding to various inquiries, resolving problems and escalating issues to the appropriate owner.
- Support a wide array of PC and web based (API) products
- incoming help requests from end users via telephone, email and trouble ticket system in a quick and courteous manner
- Report process failures internally and manage client communications and/or escalate as required
- Investigate, diagnose, research, correct, and redirect discrepancies
- Document all client interactions, product defects and suggestions in CRM and trouble ticket systems
- Collaborate with internal teams to review status of programs and release schedules of future revision
- Believes in and demonstrates a customer-first mindset.
- Post-secondary education in the Customer Support / IT field and/or equal working experience
- Strong English, spoken and written.
- High level of tact, diplomacy and negotiation skills required at all times
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written professional communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools, CRM tools and Trouble Ticket reporting tools
- Superior analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail, must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing IT environment
The Career Opportunity:
At J.D. Power, you'll be working for a worldwide leader of customer service, providing an unbiased view of the voice of the customer to businesses and consumers. Each year, J.D. Power interacts with millions of respondents around the world to better understand their opinions, perceptions, and expectations about a variety of products and services -- and our roles are integral to our company’s success.
The Service Desk Analyst role supports across various technical verticals in JDP. The knowledge acquired in the Service Desk Analyst role is not exhaustive. They will be interfacing with second-tier and third-tier technical staff, such as development, network, infrastructure, database, security, and Linux operations teams. The Service Desk Analyst role comprises of four levels of career growth under Service Management for JDP, such as level 1 (I), 2 (II), 3 (III), and 4 (IV). Each level represents a set of roles and responsibilities in addition to the baseline requirements set for all Service Desk members.
The Team / The Business:
What kind of team are they joining and why should they want to be a part of the business and its culture
Our Hiring Manager says:
HM opportunity to put the pitch in their own words…”I’m looking for the kind of person who…”
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
Truth that Transforms: At J.D. Power, we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Our capabilities empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that improve customer loyalty and advocacy. Our success is driven by how much we help companies improve the customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it—and we put that power in the hands of our clients through our interactive reporting platforms. The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans clients need are available whenever and wherever they need them, to help them make data-driven decisions that will improve their customer experience and drive positive financial results.
J.D. Power’s recruitment efforts are aligned with the company's commitment to provide opportunities rooted in diversity, inclusion, and equality.
Our Vision: To be the leader in providing advanced data solutions that empower industry transformation.
Our Mission: We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
Our Values: We are Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.