Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a Production Designer who has a devotion to design, experience to ask the right questions, and consistently prepare files that match the client’s brand standards. Our ideal candidate has 3+ years experience in graphic design.
The Production Designer is responsible for reviewing and delegating the intake of design work from our enterprise level clients, reviewing all design work (technical and aesthetics) before it is sent to the client, managing team resources, and working with our team lead, design team, and project managers to meet on brand, on time, and on budget requirements. They need to have the ability to change direction easily and track multiple initiatives across web and marketing channels. This position will also entail participating in meetings with clients to determine their needs, requesting appropriate files, formats, and presenting solutions required to complete the task.
Full time remote is available nationally (Canada only). For those close to our office in London, ON we have flexible office hours based on training and collaboration needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for building and managing enterprise level digital production art, including but not limited to, emails, web banners, ad spots, app banners, and websites.
- Produces digital art based on supplied creative from clients and channel partner specifications.
- Triages tasks from Project Managers and coordinates work for the enterprise team creating a weekly plan using a sprint model.
- Negotiates timelines with project managers.
- Works closely with project managers and fellow designers for production execution while ensuring proper time management of the team.
- Ensures direct communication to the team on expectations.
- Determines client’s needs and writes clear and concise client briefs to serve as the roadmap for the team.
- Builds accurate estimates based on strong knowledge of the relationship between timelines and scope.
- Learns and follows brand standards, maintaining consistency of brand guidelines and tone in all designs.
- Manages project quality control, including brand consistency, at all stages of the process to reduce the revision cycle.
- Keeps internal teams up-to-date on changing brand standards, design nuances, client expectations, and process changes.
- Organizes and maintains client project folders for the design team.
- May involve strategizing and planning when opportunities arise.
- Attends client and internal meetings (planned and unplanned) with project managers to maintain client relationships and advocate for what the design team needs to be successful in their efforts (file formats: PSD, AI, EPS, INDD files).
Knowledge, Education, & Experience Required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in graphic design
- Agency or marketing experience is an asset
- Strong visual and layout skills
- Has trained in and can speak to the fundamentals of graphic design and the functionality and utilization of the extended Adobe Suite and Sketch
- Loves the details: is driven by technical design, has an eye for consistency, and a general knack for organization
- Ability to shift priorities and reallocate resources effectively to achieve client deadlines
- The ability to sift through client copy, find the primary message, and present it in a polished and cohesive visual
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills: deciphering client requests, providing brand-abiding solutions, and setting reasonable expectations for both client and internal needs
- Has a general understanding of AODA principles and WCAG Level AA compliance standards
- Precise attention to detail and experience adhering to brand guidelines
- Ability to organize and present information
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Digitally savvy with a genuine interest in motivating teammates to do the best work they can
Please include links to your online portfolio in your application.
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position