Senior IT Build Analyst
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Build covers a number of functional disciplines or practice areas. These technology professionals demonstrate incredible commitment through their participation in a combination of build-related functions or activities, such as:
- Application and implementation of platform design patterns and standards for infrastructure components across various platform domains;
- Delivery Management functions within the build mandate to co-ordinate and drive deployment- related activities;
- Structured focus on project delivery to implement deliverables for their respective and specialized areas of infrastructure build; and
- Specialized Services functions that provision contact center infrastructure and network-related infrastructure work for Real Estate and/or Branch environments, hardware assets etc.
There’s room for you to grow in all of it.
Support the IT Asset Management Team with respect to cost, control, compliance, and business objectives. Work towards specialization in software licensing: develop and demonstrate knowledge of software vendor contracts and license terms & conditions, analyze, and manage contract and maintenance information, understand software licensing models, and leverage that information to improve software compliance reporting capabilities, review and improve software discovery tools/data collection, support software compliance audits and other software projects. In addition to Software Asset Management knowledge, the ideal candidate is also technically apt and has previous experience scripting or developing with PowerShell.
- Ability to combine data from various software inventory sources (SCCM, BigFix, ServiceNow) to create dashboards effective at presenting effective license positions (Power BI – nice to have)
- Monitor software maintenance renewal requirements, coordinating with software owners on operational requirements
- Develop, implement, and refine software asset management policies, processes, and procedures
- Contribute to software process improvements and automation including eliciting business requirements for platform (ServiceNow) enhancements
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in software licensed products, license programs, and software asset policies (Microsoft and IBM are essential)
- Monitor, maintain and enforce licensing and asset standards, policies, and procedures
- Provide insightful response to support requests for all things related to desktop software (ordering, licensing, availability, approval, etc.)
- Strong sense of ownership over desktop application services including licensing, packaging (software installations – SCCM), and general support
- Maintain software currency (versioning) of owned applications
- Effectively communicate reports and proposals to vendor management partners, fellow LOB technology teams, and executives
- Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to facilitate smooth flow of services
- Advise stakeholders on license requirements and proper consumption of the assets within the organization
- Maintain and ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and delivery of improvements as it pertains to software compliance
- Recommend continuous improvements to team, organization, and business partners to drive measurable improved performance
Technical Aptitude (Nice to Have)
- Experience with any programming language, specifically using PowerShell and various modules to create scripts to assist with reporting on software licensing (ActiveDirectory, AzureAD, MSOnline)
- Experience with databases including writing SQL queries
- Familiar with Agile software development processes, eliciting requirements for development teams, and testing solutions in staged lower environments before approving Production releases
- Reviewing applications for security risks before proposing authorization for availability of installation on desktop workstations
- Understanding of application vulnerabilities and patching
- Knowledge of various desktop tools for business user (ex. productivity tools) and developers (ex. IDEs, database tools)
- Experience developing requirements, requesting server builds, and managing Production server applications (ex. license servers)
- Certifications: ITIL, CSAM (preferred)
- Experience in conducting software vendor audits and negotiations on behalf of a software vendors
- Experience in both desktop (user, device, subscription, concurrent, etc.) and server (PVU, Cores, etc.) licensing analysis
- Experienced using the ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM Pro/Enterprise) module
- Experienced in using IT service delivery tools such as Microsoft SCCM or IBM BigFix
- Ability to analyze software discovery data to gain business insights
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to call out issues and create proposals/plans remediate and/or automate common administrative tasks
- Strong and effective team player with demonstrated ability to communicate both physically and virtually
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.