ASICS Running Apps – Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
This is a role where you can have an impact in solving one of the most challenging design problems – Motivation! We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the ASICS Running Apps team to help us discover and solve how millions of real people close the gap between intent and action while having a positive impact on their lives and health. This role will be working on the Runkeeper product to contribute to the design of the mobile app.
Our ideal candidate will help us understand user behavior, needs and motivation at a fundamental level. They will do this through user interviews, product discovery, diving into customer data, journey maps, user personas, and creating user-centric designs.
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
**You must include a portfolio in your application to be considered for this role**
This role will be working on the ASICS Runkeeper™ app.
- Work closely with product management and engineers to drive the discovery of customer “opportunities”, research best solutions and help define product strategy
- Facilitate and lead customer interviews and usability studies to understand our users and their needs
- Sketch & prototype new experiences with just enough documentation (we try to keep things as Lean as possible)
- Finalize with high-fidelity mockup and hand-off to engineering
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind design decisions and communicate them effectively with the team.
- Participate in QA throughout development to ensure the experience delivered to customers meets expectations.
- Devote time to know our product and the fitness runner market.
- Keep the pulse on new features and iterate after releasing until we get it right
- Be a leader and advocate in defining and evolving the product development process so that it works for everyone
- Work with ASICS Running Apps marketing teams to help define concepts consumers love that also deliver real value to end users
- Lead the design strategy and execution within a product team, with some guidance and coaching
- Present to and communicate with stakeholders throughout the discovery, define, design and deliver processes.
- Mentor junior designers and participate in team critiques
- Contribute to the culture of the UX team
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Education & Experience
- 4+ years of experience as a UX or Interaction designer; consumer product experience is a plus
- 3+ years of experience working on a mobile-centric product
- A demonstrated passion for health and fitness, innovation, and helping people achieve a sound mind in a sound body
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your design and critical thinking process, not just beautiful designs
- Experience conducting and coordinating remote and in-person user research using a variety of methodologies, and documenting the results and findings
- Relevant education in HCI or Human Factors is a big plus
- Proven ability to see the world from a “customer first” perspective
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, and InVision.
- Familiarity with the value of design systems, understanding reuse and scale, and knowing when to improve
- Strong design communication skills and desire to work as part of a team
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.
Personable, Integrity, Expertise, Trustworthy
Send all cover letters, resumes, and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org