Corporate Social Responsibility & Engagement Specialist (12-Month Contract)
The Corporate Social Responsibility & Engagement Specialist works within the HR team to help promote a positive organizational culture and employee experience. This position is dedicated to driving stronger employee engagement by ensuring that employees have regular opportunities to share feedback, and that leaders have the information they need to drive improvements. This position is also dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive culture by identifying and implementing best practices that strengthen inclusivity and leverage differences. The Corporate Social Responsibility & Engagement Specialist will work closely with HR Leaders and Executive Leaders to provide insight and support to improving the employee experience across the employee lifecycle. This position is a 12-month maternity contract, with a possibility of extension based on performance.
Employee Engagement Program 60%
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program 40%
Duties & Responsibilities:
Employee Engagement (60%)
- Management of Annual Engagement Survey:
- Partner with vendor (McLean & Co) for survey set-up and deployment, including establishing survey questions and demographics.
- Responsible for creating a communication strategy such as announcing survey launch, updates, results, etc.
- Conduct analysis of survey results and gather further feedback where necessary to clarify results (e.g., focus groups, interviews, etc.).
- Present preliminary report of high-level findings and key recommendations to senior leadership.
- Provide support & guidance to leaders in interpreting and sharing results with their teams and creating department action plans.
- Oversight of other employee surveys:
- Responsible for deployment and maintenance of the monthly engagement diagnostic survey (EXM), and New Hire & Exit surveys.
- Provide quarterly summary and analysis of results and feedback from the surveys by department to HR Directors.
- Management of employee engagement programs:
- Manage company’s employee of the month program by leading monthly meetings with the program’s committee to determine the recipient.
- Responsible for creating monthly new hire reports for all staff.
- Manage the Service Award Program for staff hitting important milestones at ITRG
- Lead ITRG’s annual charitable initiative by determining a non-for-profit organization the company will support on an annual basis.
- Organize yearly President’s Club trip for top sales performers and attend as on-site coordinator
- Other duties and responsibilities:
- Host monthly all-company meetings and all-managers meetings
- Occasionally lead onboarding sessions for new staff
- Organize and coordinate employee events such as holiday parties, office social days, and annual corporate retreat
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (40%)
- Collect & analyze employee feedback on matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion (e.g., using results from the Engagement Survey, EXM, New Hire, and Exit surveys, as well as employee relations concerns) to identify areas for improvement.
- Create annual DEI Strategy in partnership with HR Leaders, CEO, and DEI Steering Committee to address key areas for improvement; assist leaders to implement strategy where applicable.
- Convene & chair DEI Steering Committee, composed of leaders from each Employee Resource Group (ERG) across the organization and provide insight and assistance in implementing the DEI Strategy.
- Provide oversight & governance of ERGs to ensure a collaborative and effective relationship is maintained between ERGs and HR.
- Partner with ERGs to plan educational & celebratory DEI events and communications throughout the year, as well as with HR Leaders to ensure best practices around DEI are woven into the employee lifecycle.
- Conduct DEI training for all staff around topics such as Anti-Racism, DEI Foundations, Allyship, Cultural Sensitivity, and Inclusive Leadership.
- Responsible for creating a DEI communication strategy according to a DEI Calendar and important international holidays.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business Organizational Development, or a related field.
- 2-5 years experience in Employee Engagement or DE&I.
- Genuine interest in DEI and willingness to continually expand knowledge in this area (it’s a quickly evolving field, the incumbent will be required to be motivated to stay up to date on best practices in the industry, changing legislation, etc.).
- Strong event planning skills and prior experience in employee engagement programs considered an asset.
- Ability to present information and strategic insight to executive stakeholders.
- Ability to remain positive and solutions-focused when responding to employee feedback.
- Resilient and able to set healthy professional boundaries, e.g., helping employees to understand that HR cannot fix all issues raised.
- High emotional intelligence; ability to remain calm and diplomatic in difficult conversations.
- Ability to analyze data to uncover insights & present to executive stakeholders in an effective manner.
- Excellent communication skills, such as creating compelling presentations and sharing survey results in a clear and insightful manner.
- Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills
- Adept with Microsoft Office Suite
- Collaborative team player.
- Highly organized to ensure surveys are managed effectively.
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.