Our purpose is simple: To enrich the lives of our partners. Steelway is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and services available today, and we believe that commitment begins with hiring the best people.
As a member of the System Design team and as a new Steelway family member, you will join a diverse, dynamic group of highly motivated individuals that bring with them a wide array of talents, skills, and backgrounds.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure prompt and efficient response to customer needs and inquiries as it pertains to quote requests.
- Primary responsibilities would include developing building systems and overall costs. Advancement to more complex structures would proceed as experience is gained within the estimating department.
- Design buildings and determine associated costs in a timely manner and in conjunction with the estimating schedule with the most suitable possible product application and economy.
- Provide final review of estimates that are now orders prior to Technical Review.
- Provide technical input and correct engineered solutions to owner/contractors at the start of complicated projects.
- Based on experience and when required, attend meetings with owners/contractors/architects and District Managers in order to accurately record the necessary information for estimating.
- Evaluate and suggest more efficient building configurations to reduce costs and/or improve efficiencies
- Ensure that customer problems and complaints are dealt with promptly, courteously and resolved in a fair and business-like manner as it pertains to processing estimates.
- Input towards the development of procedures/policies for estimating and buildings.
- Act as liaison on communications between Steelway’s customer and the Steelway District Sales Manager in the preparation of estimates.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The individual must have excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills as our business processes require and encourage collaboration and teamwork.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in steel building estimation or related field.
- Architectural / Engineering Technology Diploma or an Architectural / Engineering Degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of drafting, manufacturing and erection practices considered an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Advance Steel and MS Office considered an asset
- Bilingual in English and French would be considered an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package including a health spending account
- RRSP Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Ability to work remotely (part-time)
- Monthly employee appreciation lunch
- Family, friendly environment
Steelway Building Systems provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Director, of Human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
Apply for This Job