Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
What We’re Looking For
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Quality Assurance Manager with a proven track record of delivering top-quality products with a focus on quality management of functionality, user experience, and accessibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Write and execute detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases to find bugs relating to UI, usability, and accessibility issues.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing activities
- Perform all testing activities across one or more assigned projects, utilizing processes, methods, metrics and software that ensure the quality, reliability and systems safety and security.
- Work closely with internal teams to diagnose customer issues, reproduce in the test environments, and verify fixes provided by development.
- Establish and implement best practices throughout the business to ensure deliverables have the best chance at passing QA and client acceptance the first time around
- Implement and report on quality management KPIs and contribute to lessons learned by looking at the quality of work
- Lead as a subject matter expert on areas within quality management, providing training and industry leading resources to all team members.
- Manage and maintain accessibility initiatives such as coaching, training, auditing, and remediation strategies.
- Provide support as needed for RFPs, client meetings, and project escalations.
- Check consistency across multiple devices and browsers.
- Test automation tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Education, & Experience Required
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent tasks and delivering projects on time and on budget
- Strong problem solving skills, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (detail oriented)
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and other accessibility standards
- Domain expertise and automation test experience is an asset
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position