Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Are you someone who enjoys solving problems, learning new technologies, and working with others in a collaborative environment? Are you looking for a position where you can play a major part in the visual creation of the games we create? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of 3D Animator at Big Blue Bubble.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Art Director, Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers to create exciting and market-ready products for both new and existing IP
- Rigging and Animating 3D models
- Various art tasks possibly would include, 2D Illustration and 3D Modeling
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director/Lead Artist
- Participate in art team discussions, critiques and game development ideas
- Managing responsibilities across multiple projects
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Animation or related field
- Excellent knowledge in 3DS MAX specifically, Rigging and Animation
- Excellent understanding of Animation Principles
- Good understanding of Art Theory
- Some knowledge of the game development process
- Strong portfolio demonstrating full body 3D Character Animation
- Ability to learn and take direction
Other preferable skills include:
- Experience with the Unity engine
- Experience with the Unity particle FX system
- Good traditional art background (2d illustration)
- High-poly Sculpting with Mudbox
- Good Modeling skills
- Good Texturing skills
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- A clear communicator
- A keen eye for detail
- Imaginative and out-of-the-box thinking
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.