Senior Graphic Designer
Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
What We’re Looking For
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking a Senior Graphic Designer who will complement our passion for design, technology and performance-based results.
The Senior Graphic Designer will work closely with internal teams to complete all graphic content and creative assets with an intuitive sense of layout and design. The incumbent will provide creative and innovative solutions, while producing designs that align with brand guidelines and client expectations. Strong communication skills coupled with the ability to understand both the aesthetic needs and technical requirements of the digital space will best support the Senior Graphic Designer in their role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with the design team and project managers to apply graphic design to creative concepts based on client expectations
- Ensure that all digital graphic content is optimized across all channels, and that all files are proofed and correctly formatted for optimal reproduction
- Manage designated projects from concept development through to execution by coordinating with the appropriate teams to secure proper assets and meet task deadlines
- Confer with management or department leads to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content, and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Prepare and sends e-mail campaigns as needed
- Select and edit photos and other media as required
- Maintain a strong understanding of any current technologies and/or practices through continuing education, research, and/or workshops to provide recommendations based on best practices as well as industry and consumer trends
- Provide professional and friendly customer service and technical support to internal and external clients
- Act as a strategic leader by identifying problems and seeking solutions, proactively managing project priorities effectively
- Mentor team members, providing feedback and platform specific best practices to achieve results
- Perform all other duties as required to support overall project completion and success
Education & Experience
- A College diploma, University degree, or relevant job-related experience. We welcome highly experienced, self-taught, and self-motivated learners who express a strong passion for design.
- 5+ years related experience in a communications or marketing environment
- Extensive skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects etc.), PDF form creation and optimization, knowledge of various Google Workspace Applications, and the ability to quickly learn new software
- Strong understanding of design principles and methodologies; proficient in digital/web production and design, with experience in user interface design and tools such as Sketch
- Experience working within web content management systems (e.g. WordPress) and email campaign systems (e.g. MailChimp); familiarity with web development and design concepts, and basic HTML and CSS coding
- Experience with video production and/or photography is considered an asset
- A keen eye for visual aesthetic and branding with good knowledge of colour systems, artwork preparation and the print production process
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with a proven ability to successfully manage tasks and projects independently
- Strong planning and problem solving skills with the ability to quickly re-prioritize and react positively with short notice of changes
- Ability to work competently with exceptional accuracy in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment that is challenging and constantly evolving
Please include links to your online portfolio in your application.
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We ask that you please submit a portfolio or link to your portfolio to showcase some of your previous work with your resume. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position