PSD is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
PSD’s service areas are configured to meet three essential needs for governments: policy research and analysis, high-performance technology, and credible data. Through our infrastructure consulting and Infrastructure management software products we work with decision-makers to refine organizational systems, programs and processes for better corporate outcomes.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Account Manager to join the business development team. This role will focus on the United States market with an emphasis on business development, attending US based conferences and overall product awareness.
The Account Manager articulates concepts, methodologies and value propositions to senior public-sector officials to meet and exceed sales targets. They must be subject matter experts with regards to PSD products, services and processes to effectively manage client relationships during a long business to business sales cycle. This role will focus on the US market as their sole territory.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Working cross functionally with subject matter experts from the PSD team which includes research staff, experienced municipal practitioners, engineers and programmers.
- Managing and growing your territory and maximizing revenue, while building future sales pipelines.
- Support customer retention by maintaining communication with new and current customers.
- Negotiate PSD proposals, contracts and charters that are consistent with existing business operations.
- Deliver virtual and onsite presentations for senior municipal government officials pertaining to enterprise asset management and budgeting.
- Closing new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Constantly improve level of knowledge pertaining to PSD products and services as well as emerging market demands and competitive activity.
- Attend municipal conferences to develop new client relations and maintain a relevant presence within the field.
- Utilize Salesforce to manage sales opportunities, action items, and campaigns.
- Onsite client relationship building across the US.
- Ensure conformance of all company and departmental standards and policies and procedures.
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in relevant area (Business, Finance, Marketing etc.).
- 3+ years of successful business development experience in US based sales.
- Effective listening and the ability to draw insights and develop opportunities from client meetings with senior managers of cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills to present in an engaging manner.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and committed to delivering exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Goal oriented individual with a proven ability to drive strong business results.
- Experience with managing and coordinating all aspects of the sales process from proposal writing and senior level presentations to effective closing.
- Previous experience with Salesforce an asset.
- Previous successful sales experience in North America, in a complex business-to-business environment engaging senior levels of contacts.
- Previous experience working with municipalities, software or consulting sales is an asset.
- Ability to quickly learn and then communicate the value of new PSD methodologies, products and services.
- Professional self-starter with a commitment to constantly upgrade skills through continuous learning.
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, creative, and able to collaborate with team members with professionalism and tact.
- The ability to travel internationally and a G class license
- PSD is currently working remotely
- In-office work which includes sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Some travel will be required.
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We make every effort to follow up with every candidate regarding the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to a Virtual Interview will meet with the department Manager and a member of the HR team. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a senior developer for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our tech. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our developers to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product development teams at PSD.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.