Azure Cloud and DevOps Engineer
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, own or sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters supports North American product development, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, CARFAX products enable used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions.? CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of IHS Markit, (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions. Find out more at?www.carfax.ca?and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of Azure Cloud & DevOps Engineer, reporting to our Manager, Cloud Engineering & DevOps. This role will be part of a dynamic operations team that is excited to promote and adopt a Cloud-native?and a DevOps mindset. In this role, you will work closely with engineering/architecture, data management and IT support to ensure our production systems are deployed, managed, and monitored. You will be asked to lead, improve our CI/CD pipelines, manage, assess, and implement structure, process, and monitor database systems. Providing feedback to all teams will be key to your team’s continuous improvement. You will be required to learn, research, pilot and recommend new tools and technologies that can be leveraged to improve the way we work.
Skills, Experience, and Education required:
- 8+ years in IT (various roles) Development and/or infrastructure management
- 3+ years of experience working with Azure cloud and Azure DevOps environments
- Extensive hands-on experience in Azure IaaS and PaaS administration /deployment (App services, Functions, Keyvault, Azure SQL, Azure VPN, LB, App Gateway, WAF, ACS, AKS, Data Factory, Azure Recovery Services and backup, Azure Automation, Azure policy, RBAC, and other Azure services)
- Strong background in Azure DevOps Services and building pipeline with Azure DevOps, as well as end-to-end CI/CD process, test automation integration
- Experience with container platforms preferably Kubernetes and/or Docker
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Azure AD, Identity and Access management
- Experience with monitoring tools such Applications Insights, Azure Monitor, log analytics, Kusto Query Language, alerting, dashboards, workbooks, KPIs
- Plan and implement branching strategies for the source code, configure repositories, integrate GitHub with DevOps pipelines, GitHub Codespaces, source control artifacts for human consumption
- Develop a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) strategy, Design and implement logging and telemetry, design a failure prediction strategy, and implement a health check
- Integrate Azure Pipelines with Azure Application Insights to allow continuous monitoring of DevOps
- Experience withMicro services architecture, infrastructure as code (IaC) Terraform, Ansible, ARM
- Working knowledge of databases especially Azure SQL (Microsoft T-SQL)
- Master-level scripting and automation abilities (PowerShell, Python, JSON, YAML, ARM Templates, Runbooks)
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment, experience supporting and troubleshooting .NET and C# applications
- Excellent time management, collaborative, attention to details, problem-solvingand communication skills
- Great team player with the ability to work alone without micro-management
- University degree in Computer related Sciences or similar
- ?Cloud certification, preferably Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator and DevOps Engineer
CARFAX’s Canadian headquarters are located in London, Ontario at the historical landmark 100 Kellogg Lane. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonus, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives, social events and a 4-day work week in the summer.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website: carfax.ca/careers. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is sourced. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!