CAD Drafting Technologist
We are recruiting an experienced Drafting Technologist to join our team in London, ON. The successful candidate will participate in both engineering and legal surveying projects and will be responsible for producing a variety of pre-engineering and cadastral plans. The core responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Processing field data and computer-generated survey information
- Participating in project team meetings and coordinating with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables
- Mentoring and providing hands-on training to our junior team members
- Assisting in the continuing development of our in-house CAD/mapping standards
Why Callon Dietz?
Not only will you have a great place to work and continued opportunity for growth, you will have access to the latest technology advancements in the field and the opportunity to work on major infrastructure projects. You will join a team that is a leader in the surveying industry with COR and ISO 9001 safety certifications.
Our team knows how to work hard, and we value work-life balance. As a member of the Callon Dietz team you will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation, including generous food and travel per diems for use at your discretion
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Flexible work hours
- RRSP with employer matched contributions
- Travel opportunities
- Safety wear allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Training and development
- Educational assistance
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a university degree or college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Geomatics, or a related discipline
- Has a minimum of two years of relevant work experience in legal survey, SUE, utility design/layout or engineering survey drafting
- Is highly proficient in the use of analytical and design software including AutoCAD Civil 3D & MicroStation
- Previous field surveying experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience working with OpenRoads, MicroStation, Trimble Business Center, or TopoDOT is an asset
- Ability to process data towards the preparation of engineering surveys is considered an asset
Callon Dietz Inc. is a progressive land surveying and subsurface utility engineering firm offering surveying, mapping and land information services to customers located throughout Ontario. Founded in 1967, we have over 50 years of industry experience and are widely recognized as one of the top five surveying firms in the province. Today, we have four offices across Ontario located in London, North Bay, Oshawa, and Carleton Place.
Callon Dietz is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Learn more and Apply