PSD builds world class software. Our team of over 100 staff is based in 3 branches across Canada.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven, Financial Controller to join our head office in London Ontario. If you are passionate about financial strategy, a natural team leader and have worked with a high growth organization before, this role may just be for you!
The Controller is responsible for the development of a financial and operational strategy and related metrics. They manage the development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. The Controller, as a member of the Senior Management Team, is directly involved with business planning, risk management, forecasting and timely financial reporting.
As the leader of the PSD Finance Team, you will empower others through your expert ability to provide strategic direction and mentoring; imparting your experience to build the team's expertise further. The Controller will also play a senior role as financial advisor to the company’s senior management team and owners. This role goes beyond one of strictly financial as the individual will be called upon to participate in developing, implementing and successfully achieving the overarching corporate objectives.
Sound exciting to you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of PSD’s business goals and purpose and assist with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that drive strong business results.
- Provide leadership, manage by example the effort and accomplishments of the Finance team.
- Develop financial needs assessments and risk management programs.
- Develop and communicate timely metrics, both historical and forecasted that communicate progress and trends for each division within the company.
- Ensure related legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Oversee PSD’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting and auditing to identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
- Prepare and review financial reports, identify ways to reduce costs, identify areas of cost avoidance and means to increase revenue.
- Improve existing financial processes and procedures, communicate them throughout the company and manage compliance.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning.
- Advise on US business related matters from a financial perspective
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a senior private sector financial role preferably in the software or tech industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Financial Management, or a similar discipline.
- CPA or CA certification required.
- Experience working in the US or with American based businesses or clients.
- Experience working in the construction industry is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with Canadian and International Financial management standards and best practices.
- Experience with acquisitions, partnerships, and partnership programs is an asset
- Prior experience within a high growth software and/or consulting firm is preferable.
- Highly developed analytical skills, excellent time management due to competing business priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Goal oriented individual with a proven ability to drive strong business results.
- Proven ability in providing guidance to their team while also directing their professional development.
- Leadership skills: resourcefulness, innovative and collaborative.
- Proven experience with the development of realistic and achievable strategic business plans.
- People leader with proven experience in building strong organizational culture, employee experience and commitment.
- Professional self-starter with a commitment to constantly upgrade skills through continuous learning.
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, creative, and able to collaborate with team members with professionalism and tact.
- Proficient with Google suite, MS Word, Excel, and GoToWebinar.
- Valid driver's license and passport for travel.
All resumes will be reviewed for skills and experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We make every effort to follow up with every candidate regarding the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Virtual/ In-person Interview
Candidates invited to the next stage will attend a virtual interview with the department Manager and a member of the HR team. In this interview candidates will be requested to provide examples of marketing campaigns they have been a part of during their career.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a peer mentoring program that matches you with an experienced employee for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our work environment. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our employees to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product and service teams at PSD. During this time of social distancing employees are onboarded virtually so they can effectively work from home.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
London Ontario is centrally located within just 2 hours of Toronto, ON, Detroit, Michigan and Buffalo, New York. London hosts local and international food and music festivals with a vibrant downtown core and plenty of green space to enjoy the outdoors.
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.