HR Manager (People & Culture)
Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, the HR Manager, People & Culture is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated departments. The HR Manager, People & Culture maintains an effective level of business literacy about the department unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture, and its’ competition. This role is a creative/strategic thinker and thrives on improving employee communication, morale and is committed to minimizing attrition – a true partner to the Director, People & Culture.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario and the largest privately owned cannabis company in Canada with the #1 market share in the vape segment. We are the creator of internal brands such as BOXHOT, DEBUNK, Boondocks, and Floresense that are deeply connected to the diverse and evolving needs of today's consumer market. We also operate as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP’s) and 3rd party brands.
As Motif continues to grow, we are seeking talented and driven individuals to join our team. Our company culture is centered around integrity, collaboration, and quality and these core values are at the heart of everything we do.
· Partner with line management (Supervisors+), providing HR guidance when appropriate.
· Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR Director to develop solutions, programs and policies (attrition, turnover, engagement)
· Support the delivery and deployment of HR programs focused on People & Culture initiatives
· Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
· Provides guidance and input on business unit restructuring, workforce planning and succession planning.
· Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
· Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
· Pushes sr mgmt. team to engage with the organization:
o Organizing townhalls for exec team to engage with departments
o Maintaining KPIs around mgr/sr mgr/director level engagement
· Maintains a keen understanding of employee’s concerns, feedback and needs to recommend strategic shifts as required to sr mgmt. teams
· Loves to be on the floor and engaged with staff
· Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
· Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Min 8 years experience managing HR within a dynamic and rapid growth environment
· Formal post-secondary education and/or training in Human Resources or equivalent experience
· Excellent knowledge of provincial guidelines and the Employment Standards Act
· Process driven, execution focused and strategic
· Strong project management skills with an ability to lead projects, obtain buy-in and drive execution of results
· Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and high workload
· Certified Human Resource Professional designation is an asset
· Ability to be the visible, front-line representative for human resources on site
· Strong administrative, multi-tasking, time management, and planning and organizational skills
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Proven professionalism and confidentiality
· Strong computer proficiency, specifically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office etc.)
· Excellent interpersonal skills, communication (both written and verbal), and relationship-building skills
· Flexible, open, and approachable attitude
· Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as within a collaborative team setting
· Must be a permanent resident, Canadian citizen or an open work permit holder. We do not sponsor.
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Aylmer, Ontario. Role is required to be on site.
WORKING CONDITIONS (ON SITE):
This role is performed on site at our production facility in Aylmer, Ontario and Motif provides all required PPE and has continued manufacturing safety protocols: a well-fitted mask must be worn at all times while inside our production areas and staff are to remain 2M+ apart unless otherwise communicated.