WHO ARE WE?
Selectpath Benefits & Financial Inc. works in partnership with our clients to guide them along “the Right Path” to financial security and success by implementing customized solutions through innovation, excellence and integrity. Our team of industry experts specializes in benefits and pension, personal and corporate financial planning, and human resources management. Our services offer a comprehensive, hands-on approach to managing your short and long-term goals.
We offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Matching retirement plan
- A flexible and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
Benefits Associate provides support to the Advisor and client of Selectpath. In this position, you will be responsible for handling client and Advisor inquiries and requests related to group benefits products.
- Time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Long periods on a computer and navigation around different software programs
- Interacts with carriers, clients, employees, and advisors
- Diverse and complex work
- Perform high-concentration tasks
- Regular office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Overtime hours may be required
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and analyze plan pricing, design, administration
- Plan, organize and facilitate the preparation and completion of client renewals
- Provide recommendations to the advisor
- Negotiate pricing with benefit carrier as required
- Plan, organize and facilitate market studies, new plan implementations, plan amendments, carrier changes, and AOR’s
- Participate in finalist meetings as required
- Management of large client files
- Provide accurate and thorough answers to client requests and questions
- Communicate with carriers through client issues as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible work experience
- Minimum 3 years of benefits experience required
- Group Benefits Associate (GBA) designation preferred, or willing to obtain
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation preferred, or willing to obtain
- Ability to take initiative and a pro-active approach to work
- Advanced knowledge and application of MS suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Enthusiastic, respectful, high professional and uncompromised confidentiality
- Ability to organize, prioritize in a fast work environment
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in Selectpath, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Selectpath is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Selectpath will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.