Principal Research Director - Artificial Intelligence (Vendor Research)
This Principal Research Director focused on Artificial Intelligence (AI) Vendor research is responsible for delivering Info-Tech’s research projects and advisory services to clients, primarily in the domain of AI Vendor Selection & Capabilities. The mandate for this role is carried out through researching individual AI vendors and their respective product offerings, meeting with vendors virtually to attend product demos and webinars, interviewing end users and subject matter experts on their AI vendor experiences, etc.
The successful candidate will provide research- and experience-based insight and guidance, helping IT leaders drive measurable results in their organizations. The incumbent will maintain an active pulse on the needs of clients, who we refer to as Members, located globally. They will also need to stay current on industry developments to enable the delivery of exceptional service via calls and workshops in collaboration with others across our Research Division and organization.
Our promise to you
You will work for a rapidly growing company that understands the importance of supporting employees through flexibility, inclusiveness, learning and development, internal career mobility, measurement of the Employee Experience and actioning on employee feedback, and building strong relationships.
What you will do, includes, but not limited to:
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts, finding and reading relevant literature in your assigned topic, and using the information gathered to generate insights.
- Cultivating insights into a framework or methodology and building supporting tools and resources for publish on our website and use by Info-Tech Members.
- Keep a pulse on what’s happening in the industry around your areas of expertise including upcoming trends and best practices, in part, to assist in your contribution of ideas to the research agenda
Advisory Calls with Clients
- Leading calls with Members to provide an overview of Info-Tech’s published research.
- Listening to the information provided by Members and recommending ways they can use the research to work through a challenge or project.
- Assist to scope member concerns and direct them to relevant research as well as identify gaps in research products.
- Using Info-Tech’s published research to facilitate a series of activities with Members and their teams.
- Throughout the workshop, collecting activity outputs from participants and compiling them into a polished final deliverable for the Member at the end of the engagement.
Cross-Departmental Collaboration & Support
- Contributing to Call Advisory, Workshops, and Global Services teams by training peers on published research.
- Provide subject matter expertise and feedback to other departments across the Research Division and to partnering Divisions outside of Research, like Sales, Public Relations & Marketing, etc., teams as needed.
- Design and build of high-quality keynote/other presentations, and successful delivery of presentations as needed.
To be successful, you will need:
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required (business or technology preferred). An MA, MBA, or MSc beneficial.
- Certifications in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or other related IT or management consulting disciplines considered valuable.
- Practical experience (10-15+ years) in business advisory and/or consulting within IT.
- Demonstrated practical experience for a minimum of 6 years, providing advisory services in the fields of Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
- Acquired experience and knowledge of the solution landscape for some promising emerging technologies:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Presentation and facilitation experience demonstrated through prior client-facing engagements important.
- History of gaining and maintaining trusted advisor status with management. Strong working relationships with C-suite considered beneficial.
Travel Requirement: Must be flexible and have ability to travel periodically to deliver workshops onsite at client locations both within and outside of North America when it is safe to do so.
Visa Requirement: Must be eligible to obtain appropriate work Visa for cross-border work within North America and globally.
Work Hours Requirements: Must be available for after-hours work periodically to service APAC clients.
Skills & Attributes
- Client Interaction and Facilitation
- Event Speaking
- Knowledge Application, Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Project Management
- Writing Ability
- Business Development
- Managing Through Change & Uncertainty
- Dynamic Learning Mindset
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.