Sr. Software Developer
Software – London, Ontario
PSD is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Senior Software Developer to join the IT team at our head office in London, ON. The successful candidate will be responsible for mentoring other developers and full lifecycle development of our integrated software solutions.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Working in an Agile project delivery environment to develop and modify technology systems, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operational and monitoring needs.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Ensure conformance of all company and departmental standards and policies and procedures.
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, services and processes and suggest areas for improvement when necessary.
- Analysis of business requirements, design and development of web applications that are integrated with other modules.
- Managing data integrity and quality assurance actives to ensure application stability.
- Working with other software developers to take product ideas from concept to release.
- Managing self-directed assignments to implement features and resolve software defects to meet schedule commitments with high-level of quality.
- Performs technical analysis, design and software development using appropriate technologies to support department and company objectives.
- Works with Business Analysts to define the functional and technical needs of a project and recommends solutions.
- Translates functional specifications into technical specifications to meet and resolve business needs.
- University or College degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related degree/diploma.
- Experience in a senior role supervising others is an asset.
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications.
- Experience in design and development of scalable and secured web services that integrate with other technologies.
- A solid commitment to quality software development.
- Experience with source code repositories such as Git.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Goal oriented individual with a proven ability to drive strong business results and provide guidance to their team with personal development growth that aligns with employee career advancement.
- Strong organizational strengths with the ability to emphasize priorities and goal setting, analyze gaps, assess priorities and carry out responsibilities in an independent manner.
- Professional self-starter with a commitment to constantly upgrade skills through continuous learning.
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, creative, and able to collaborate with team members with professionalism and tact.
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We will let the candidates know if we will not be moving them to the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
In person Interview
Candidates invited to an in-person interview will meet with our Chief Technology Officer, a member of the HR team, and the team lead. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a senior developer for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our tech. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our developers to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product development teams at PSD.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
- Ergonomic Workstation
London Ontario is centrally located within just 2 hours of Toronto, ON, Detroit, Michigan and Buffalo, New York. London hosts local and international food and music festivals with a vibrant downtown core and plenty of green space to enjoy the outdoors.
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Apply for this Job