Service Desk Analyst - Temp
A Service Desk Analyst will be part of a 24/7/365 team providing first level technical support to business offices around the world. They will field and triage technical issues related to enterprise business applications, monitoring, email and messaging, network infrastructure, account management, active directory, desktop support, telephony, database, security, and new software requests then facilitate resolution with the appropriate teams across the organization. Service Desk Analysts will provide support relating to incidents serving as a single point of contact and coordinator for any system-related issue. They also work closely with their leaders, team members and other IT departments to provide technical support and resolution of all issues. Service Desk Analysts need to balance creative and technical problem-solving, customer service, and collaboration techniques to ensure the personnel throughout the organization can access and utilize the software and resources they need for work.
The Service Desk Analyst is part of the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) strategy under IT Service Management for JDP. The 24/7/365 availability of the Service Desk Analyst will allow the business to access a first-tier technical support team 24/7/365 to help address requests or issues. The Service Desk Analyst is also part of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team that provides 24/7/365 monitoring support for critical business application and services.
- Manage incoming incidents and service requests via email, tickets and calls regarding IT technical operations
- Accurately triage, diagnose, categorize and identify business impact and urgency and respond accordingly for all incidents and service requests
- Ability to correlate between previous issues to ensure duplication of work is eliminated
- Ability to dissect an issue to determine the full scope
- Strive for first call resolution and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Support escalations and incidents to comply with Service Level Agreements
- Monitor and coordinate ongoing statuses of reported issues and proactively communicate until confirmed resolution has been met to a high degree of user satisfaction
- Adhere to procedures, workflows, documentation and reporting obligations
- Manage system monitoring alerts and dashboards to avoid or minimize duration of system issues or downtime
- Collaborate cross departmental to ensure efficient operation and positive rapport
- Follow ITIL best practices
- Confidently operate with complete ownership and passion of all Service Desk Analyst roles and responsibilities
- Operate in a way that represents the IT technical operations organization in a positive, trustworthy and effective light
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in Computer or Business-related fields
- 1 year experience working in technical 24/7/365 Service Desk team in a non-leadership capacity an asset
- Proven ability to maintain good relationship with teams, customers and vendors
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Flexibility and accountability with scheduling for a 24/7/365 model (Shifts: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am EST)
- NOC first-tier technical support experience
- Incident Management and root cause analysis experience
- Service Level Agreement and Operating Level Agreement management experience
- Strong customer-service orientation with a passion to serve all customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong listening skills for non-technical customers
- Experience in documentation creation
- Strong organizational skills
- Team/results-oriented, flexible, proactive, self-starter
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal skills
- Relevant certifications such as A+, MSSA or MCSE an asset
- ITIL experience or certification an asset
The Career Opportunity:
The Service Desk Analyst role supports across various technical verticals in JDP. The knowledge acquired in the Service Desk Analyst role is not exhaustive. They will be interfacing with second-tier and third-tier technical staff, such as development, network, infrastructure, database, security, and Linux operations teams. The Service Desk Analyst role comprises of 3 levels of career growth under Service Management for JDP, such as level 1 (I - Junior), 2 (II), and 3 (III – Senior). Each level represents a set of roles and responsibilities in addition to the baseline requirements set for all Service Desk members.
The Team / The Business:
The Service Desk team provides support for both its team and the business. The support structure for the team is shared by all members which encourages a shared responsibility approach as part of its culture. The Service Desk Manager and Team Leads encourage a positive, safe, and supportive culture for the Service Desk Analysts. The Service Desk team also encourages open dialogue to constantly improve processes, procedures, and the overall culture for all members.
Our Hiring Manager says:
I’m looking for individuals with a passion for delivering positive and consistent first-tier technical support for all customers. The Service Desk team is also an ecosystem that supports fresh ideas, constant growth, and a positive group think mentality. The individual who will be successful in this role will embody the motto “what can I do to help?” for both internal team members and the business.
is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.