Quality Assurance Tester (Software development)
Are you detail oriented, organized, and have a keen ability to problem solve? Do you love working collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal? Are you passionate about working for a company that provides a service you can be proud of?
If this is you, we have the CAREER you have been searching for!
WHO WE ARE
We engage employees and empower leaders to love what they do by being the most complete and connected HR solution in Canada, and we want you to love what you do!
Since 2005, we’ve helped Canadian businesses more quickly and efficiently accomplish HR tasks by providing them with end-to-end solutions and services for all things people. We pioneered live HR advice and continue to elevate our HR software and services to stay on top of changing business needs. Last year, we won three 5-Star Awards from the Canadian HR Reporter for Learning and Development, HR Consulting, and Compensation. All of these awards resulted from client nominations and testimonials.
Our passion for all things people applies to everything we do! HRdownloads has been recognized NINE TIMES as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces, most recently in 2023 with further recognition in Best Workplaces for Professional Services!
Noted for our unique and engaging ways, we have also been ranked as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies for six years with recognition for continued profit growth from the Report on Business. We have more awards to come and are excited to celebrate everything that our people contribute to our culture of family and innovation. We want each person to be the greatest of all time, and that includes you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a QA Tester, you must identify potential issues with platform updates and new features prior to the solution going live, provide suggestions on issues’ prioritization, and ensure prioritized fixes are tested. As a QA Tester, you will:
- Assess and test all aspects of a software solution to ensure that the solution meets overall quality requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain automated testing from business requirements.
- Integrate test-driven development methodologies with established release process.
- Lead code review sessions.
- Support new product development and continual improvement by integrating quality control tools into processes.
You are a professional who:
- Has a degree or diploma in computer science or information systems.
- Has 2 to 3 years of quality assurance technical experience.
- Has 1 to 2 years of experience in database environments like MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Can effectively collaborate with developers, product managers, designers, and other professionals on software development projects.
- Has experience with project management and quality assurance methodologies.
- Is familiar with Agile frameworks.
- Is detail-oriented and organized, with a keen ability to solve problems.
It’s a bonus if you:
- Are fluent in English and French!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WHAT YOU DO
As a Quality Assurance Tester, you must love the thrill of knowing you are helping clients save time and money. Knowing that you are helping to deliver a product, made in Canada for Canadian businesses, that is trusted by thousands of clients coast-to-coast, can be extremely rewarding. All the while you are working on a team that values collaboration and fun, with opportunities to exceed personal bests and hit new achievements!
- The rewards are plentiful! We offer a competitive compensation structure for all of your hard work.
- We want you to have a life outside work. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. That’s it; no shift work and no weekends!
- We care about you. 10 paid wellness days, 5 paid sick days, health and dental benefits, EAP, and employer-paid GoodLife memberships are just a few of the ways to show you that your well-being matters to us!
- We care about giving back. We believe that a team builds a company and a company builds a community, and that's why we take pride in giving back to our London community! Check out HRdonates.
- Flexible work model. We want you to work where you are most productive; in office, at home, or a hybrid of the two!
- Thrive in our culture. We’ve been recognized EIGHT TIMES as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces and are rated 4.2 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor.
- Be proud of what you sell. Our exceptional reputation means you can contribute to promoting products and services that you will be proud of and be excited about.
- Grow your career with us. When you join our team, you are signing up for more than just a job; you are signing up for a career! You won't be just another human to fill a role, we see you as YOU; who you are today and who you aspire to be. That's why we invest in our employees through regular coaching, training, and professional development.
So, what do you say? Do you have what it takes to be a member of our award-winning team? If so, send us your résumé!
HRdownloads is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
Thank you for considering a career with HRdownloads.