Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking an Account Manager who will complement our passion for advertising, technology and performance-based results.
What We’re Looking For
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Account Manager to join our team!
The Account Manager is responsible for assisting with the promotion of the company, ongoing maintenance of client relationships, planning of solutions, identification and acquisition of new clients, and coordinating the design and development of 10-15 projects simultaneously.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as main point of contact for executive project sponsors providing these clients with high-value solutions
- Provide clients with innovative short and long term strategic marketing and technical guidance
- Develop a positive and partnering relationship with all clients
- Take the lead role on assisting in building the client’s business and generating new strategies for agency-client partnerships
- Create time and value estimates for existing clients
- Assist project management team with influencing clients and handling disagreements
- Achieve outbound and inbound sales targets
- Schedule and undertake regular account reviews
- Act as main client contact for project team leader from the client side
- Lead project team members, agency resources, and project workflow process
- Offer support in authoring project documents (ie findings, recommendations, technical specifications) with the assistance of other team members
- Influence the client to make clear, quick, and concise project decisions
- Provide clear communication between the client and web development team
- Offer various or alternative solutions to feature requests
- Identify “out of scope” items
- Understand and educate clients on Drupal terminology and project workflow
- Support training of the client end users on all site functionality
- Support the documentation of end solution and preparation of project to a “support ready” state
- Support internal project coordination as required and QA review all completed work
- Provide client with innovative short and long term strategic marketing and technical guidance
- Develop and maintain a positive and partnering relationship with clients
- Help to create time and value estimates for additional client work
- Managing and tracking the status of and budget for projects
- Generate and send invoices to clients where applicable
- Participate in networking events within the SWO community
- Seek out speaking engagements within targeted business verticals
- Learn more about existing top tier clients in order to identify business opportunities not just within their organization but in their business vertical
- Solicit and create interactions with key decision makers within targeted business verticals
- Preach the benefits of our technology stack and service offerings
- Complete RFP opportunities
- Attend short-list presentations to pitch your solution
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- Undergraduate University Degree or College Diploma in a related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in an agency setting.
- Skills in negotiating win-win solutions between the client and project team
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Exceptional business-oriented written and oral communication skills
- Poise under pressure
- Experience with various project management tactics and tools
- Enjoyment in networking and attending city wide events
- Ability to work cohesively with a wide range of client and coworker personalities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to acquire a valid passport and the interest to travel in North America
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position