Practice Lead, IT Industry Research
Location: North America, Remote (Toronto, ON or London, ON or Las Vegas, NV if locally based)
Are you passionate about leading a team of Subject Matter Experts who are focused on developing new insights into how to deliver better IT services and helping organizations find better ways of working? Do you want to work for a rapidly growing company that understands the importance of supporting employees through flexibility, inclusiveness, learning & development, options for internal career mobility, measurement of the Employee Experience, building strong relationships? If so, you could be Info-Tech’s next Practice Lead for the Industry Research team.
As Practice Lead, IT Industry Research, you lead a team in creating and delivering client-driven, project-based, practical research and advisory services that helps Info-Tech Members drive measurable results in their organizations. In this role, you are the research and people leader responsible for the Industry practice’s research projects and advisory operations primarily in the domains of IT Strategy development, application of industry trends, core technology used in the respective industry, IT Spend & Budget Management research, Risk & Compliance, etc.
What you will do, includes, but not limited to:
- Maintaining an active pulse on the needs of members as well as industry development and growing advisory and consulting services provided to Industry members.
- Collaborating with peers, Senior Management, Sales, Workshop Delivery, Consulting, Public Relations & Marketing teams as needed to develop products and services.
- Acting as point of escalation to resolve interdepartmental and member concerns.
- Designing and building of high-quality keynote/other presentations, and successful delivery of presentations as needed.
Lead Research Projects
- Developing a best-practice research agenda on strategic Industry topics.
- Assigning resources to research and active management of projects following established Research Process guidelines.
- Monitoring and tracking of project progress; and reporting on outcomes during monthly Steering Committee meetings.
- Assisting with the removal of barriers preventing projects from moving forward.
Lead & Manage People
- Ensuring teams our resourced appropriately to meet changing demands of the business through strategic planning and active participation in recruitment activities.
- Motivating, coaching, and developing teams so they are equipped to deliver high-quality research, calls, workshops, etc., through the administration of Research Quality Programs and ongoing performance management.
- Staying connected to staff through regular meetings to help resolve concerns and recognize successes.
- Participating in ongoing Employee Experience/Engagement and Organizational Change Management initiatives to support staff during evolving business demands and their own changing work needs.
To be successful, you will need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in business or technology, or other related discipline, or equivalent experience required. MBA would be an asset.
- Certifications in an IT or project management related topic e.g. PMP, COBIT 5, ITIL an asset.
- Significant practical experience (15+ years) working for IT Research and/or Consulting firms and supporting clients in some of the following domains:
- IT Strategy
- Budget Management
- Risk & Compliance,
- Service Management
- People and Leadership
- Vendor Management
- Must have leadership experience with a history of mentoring, developing, and training staff.
- Beneficial to have experience in Product/Service Development and/or Project Management.
- Presentation and facilitation experience demonstrated through prior client-facing engagements important.
- History of gaining and maintaining trusted advisor status with management. Strong working relationships with C-suite considered beneficial.
Must be flexible and have ability to travel occasionally to deliver workshops onsite at client locations both within and outside of North America, when it is safe to do so.
Must be eligible to obtain appropriate work Visa for cross-border work within North America and globally.
Must be available for after-hours work periodically to service APAC clients.
Skills & Attributes
- Leadership Qualities
- Project Management
- Planning & Results Orientation
- Business Development
- Client Interaction and Facilitation
- Event Speaking
- Knowledge Application, Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Writing Ability
- Managing Through Change & Uncertainty
- Dynamic Learning Mindset
ITRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.