Associate Product Manager (In Office and Remote options within 2-3 hours of London)
Voices is the world’s #1 creative services marketplace.
We’ve helped tens of thousands of marketers, producers, instructors, and creative directors at the world’s biggest and most beloved brands find the right talent for their creative projects. Headquartered in London, Canada, Voices matches clients with voice over, music, audio production, and translation professionals in over 160 countries.
At Voices we start by understanding customer problems and develop cutting-edge products that serve their needs. Associate Product Manager’s (APM’s) help to gather insights, develop business cases, influence roadmaps, and write product requirements and user stories. You’ll work collaboratively with a cross-functional Scrum team to execute and deliver experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Voices is seeking an APM to join our product team. Reporting to a Product Team Lead, you will work on an amazing portfolio that directly influences our client-base. You will contribute to key areas of the platform including; registration, onboarding, search, browse, job post, JobMatch™, and purchasing experiences - all focusing on increasing conversion and enhancing the customer experience.
Product Prioritization & Problem Solving:
- Contribute to our product roadmap via customer research, competitive analysis, and data analysis, supporting the development of business cases for new features/enhancements.
- With User Experience Researchers, contribute to and participate in customer research and usability tests.
- Monitor and document incoming customer feedback as market evidence to prioritize our largest areas of opportunity.
- Own the backlog - Efficiently apply both quantitative and qualitative approaches to continuously groom the backlog to triage and prioritize problems and opportunities according to market evidence, business value and ROI.
- Monitor post-release user feedback to prioritize bugs, improvements and investigate user concerns with the development team.
- Work with several teams like IT, Analytics, Design, User Experience Research, and Engineering to gather insights and requirements. Write and receive feedback on product requirements documents (PRDs), ensuring PRDs clearly articulate the problem, goals, scope, solution, and timelines.
- Create actionable user stories working with the Scrum team.
- Understand the product vision and communicate ‘the why’ effectively to key stakeholders and the Scrum team. Inspire and motivate the development team to deliver innovative solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Define and analyze metrics for features developed; assess and report on its success and health.
Communication and Coordination:
- Maintain our Project Management tools (Asana, JIRA, Confluence) with accurate dates, relevant information, and key updates.
- Organize and communicate team status, progress, obstacles, and functional sequencing to the rest of the organization.
- Work closely with the Scrum team on a day-to-day basis, participate in daily stand-ups, requirements handoffs, sprint planning, demos & sprint retrospective meetings.
- Provide an active role in mitigating blockers impacting the successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, UX or Visual Design, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of product, project, or program management experience.
- Relevant experience in a professional environment/workplace setting with an emphasis on SaaS products, technology, or software development.
- Proven ability to articulate clear and concise requirements for new products and features
- Experience in product lifecycle management, from conception to launch.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UX/UI, customer support, sales or marketing.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to prioritize under deadlines. You are also comfortable taking ownership of projects and making decisions.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Strong analytical skills, to analyze product performance data, and impact of any changes.
- Customer-centric – ability to empathize with customers and understand their needs at every stage of the product development.
- Experience working with product management tools such as Asana, JIRA and Confluence (or similar).
- Bonus: CSPO, Product Certificate or similar. Basic familiarity with modern design systems and tools like Figma, Whimsical, and Zeplin (or similar).
How Voices is supporting our colleagues through the pandemic:
- Voices had all of our colleagues working from home with their laptops, monitor, accessories includes their ergonomic chairs by Monday March 16th, 2020
- We hold virtual huddle every Monday
- We care about the mental health of our colleagues through our EFAP program and human connection through our optional virtual social events such as meditation, stretching, games, happy hours, etc.
- We offer a hybrid work environment, remote and in office (when safe to do so)
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and résumé by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices thanks all candidates in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.