Payments Onboarding Specialist
The Onboarding Specialist is responsible for ensuring an excellent client experience during the initial onboarding process of a new Paystone account. This involves owning and managing an account from the pass off from sales, until the account is processing their first transactions. The ultimate goal is to ensure the onboarding process goes smoothly and the new client is up and running, able to use their Paystone products as quickly as possible.
The Onboarding Specialist will have direct contact with the internal and external sales agents as well as the client to get an application from the point of submission to the point of approval in an efficient and accurate manner as well as follow each account through the process of receiving their terminal and processing transactions, stepping in when needed to direct the flow and answer any questions along the way. The specialist is the key contact who is a liaison between the sales team and the acquirer. This role requires a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work within tight timelines and submission dates.
This individual will also be required to provide feedback onboarding processes and best practices as well as maintaining the current role’s playbook.
- Configuring new client instances with all applicable products in the Paystone platform
- Liaise with internal and external sales teams for application completion and accuracy
- Understand and submit merchant applications to the acquirer and process each in a timely manner with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Data entry in multiple online portals for various acquirers
- Maintain accurate records of valuable company information in Salesforce and various spreadsheets
- Coordinate with underwriters and relationship managers at various acquirers as needed
- Follow accounts moving through the onboarding process for terminal deployment, tracking, activations/troubleshooting and transaction monitoring - assisting as needed
- Document and knowledge share across the onboarding team with new processes, important information and updates
- Maintain and update current onboarding playbook with new mandates and processes as needed
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information from multiple sources
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to respond effectively to external and internal teams
- High attention to detail is required to ensure accuracy in all tasks
- Experience in one of the following fields a definite asset: payments, loyalty and gift, POS
- Written and verbal French skills are an asset