CARFAX Canada is looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Data Analyst to be the key to disseminating data into information. Do you live and breathe data? Do you have a need to understand every aspect of data and what it means? Do you enjoy relating information across multiple sources, identifying patterns and troubleshooting issues in a challenging, fast-paced environment? If so, this could be the ideal position for you!
Every day, Canadians rely on our insights to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. As the country’s #1 provider of automotive history and valuation insights, we’re always innovating to make buying and selling used vehicles easier for all Canadians.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce that we are looking for a new addition to our growing team in the role of Data Analyst. This role will be instrumental in assisting the Data Management Team in providing clarity and added value to our data assets.
The Data Analyst will report into the Director of Data Management, they will work closely with their own team as well as members of various departments to increase our data comprehension and maximize its value through a mixture of business intelligence, visualizations and data mining. The Data Analyst will need to be adaptable to emerging technology and willing to be a part of a continuous learning cycle as we refine the use cases for these newer technologies.
You are a data-focused problem solver that will need to understand complex business problems, articulate them into data-driven analysis which can be summarized and reported back to senior level decision makers. You bring an inquisitive mind and leadership qualities that will seek opportunities for continuous improvement either through data acquisition recommendations, data quality assessments or self-service reporting. With a detail-oriented approach, you will be putting the right data in the right hands to enable the company to make actionable decisions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves data analysis, data quality, data governance and data monetization. If you are somebody who is excited to apply their analytical skills to understand behavior in our data and who will work closely with business and product teams to answer important data questions, then the role of Data Analyst is a perfect fit.
- Acting as a subject matter expert with a thorough understanding of the data and its creation.
- Drive value and quality initiatives related to data used in analytics and production.
- Contribute to the team’s data governance practice.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, visualizations and reporting as requested by other internal departments.
- Provide requirements, practices and job-aids for departments to become self-sufficient for repetitive reporting/analytic needs.
- Develop cross-functional relationships to foster collaboration with teams in Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
- Identify, research and resolve problems to maintain standards of data quality and accuracy
- Maintain data flow through communication and coordination with stakeholders, IT, management and other external data providers.
- Take on a leadership role within Data Management to drive projects forward.
Education and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary education, college diploma or university degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience working with large data sets either in the industry or academic equivalent.
- Data Science exposure or experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrable experience with BI Solutions (PowerBI, Cognos, Tableau, etc…).
- Understanding and good working knowledge of the software development life cycle and development process.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong business/data analysis skills required. SQL Query, statistical analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, R, Python, etc.
- Proven ability to identify and define business requirements and business rules.
- Experience in business analytics an asset (i.e. Financial valuations, quality assessments).
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT processes including MS SSIS & Pentaho Kettle is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of data governance practices and approaches include data policies, data lineage is a strong asset.
- Strong industry knowledge is an asset.
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. All applications will be accepted until September 23, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!